Dr. Thema: Stop Suffering in Silence
Welcome to Part One of the Results NOT Resolutions Series with my guest Dr. Thema Bryant. Dr. Thema is a licensed psychologist, ordained minister, and sacred artist. She has worked tirelessly to help marginalized people. She is an associate professor at Pepperdine University and past president of the Society for the Psychology of Women. She has served as a mental health consultant for print, radio, and television. She has recently been working on Chad Loves Michelle on the OWN network.
In this inspiring episode Dr. Thema talks about why we need to heal and the things we do to avoid facing the fact that we haven’t healed. This show is packed with wisdom from not hiding your gifts from the world to being able to ask for and accept help. We even talk a little bit about Chad Loves Michelle. This is the perfect episode to help all of us put our priorities where they need to be and focus on taking care of who we were, so we can be who we are.
- Even though the world may call you a success, you know that there is more possible for you and within you, but you have to address those blocks.
- You may have accomplished a lot by the world’s standards, but being busy can be a feeling of being unworthy.
- Get to the place where you will settle for nothing less than your best.
- Get results by making your wellness a priority and stop running from stuff.
- You need to be healed so that your wounds don’t pollute your gift.
- Be honest where you are and be willing to accept help before things get worse than they need to be.
- Enjoy the journey. All of our experiences are lessons that prepare us for what is to come.
Quotes from the show:
“When we want better for ourselves we resist settling. Even though, the world may look at us and call us a success, we know that there is more possible for us and more within us.” – Dr. Thema Bryant
“Busy does not mean heal, and busy does not mean whole. There is a difference between being motivated and driven by insecurity.” – Dr. Thema Bryant
“We avoid healing because we have been taught and raised by people who did not have the luxury of healing.” – Dr. Thema Bryant
Dr. Thema’s Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
Fulfillment of every gift that is within you.
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Fill-in the Blanks… “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Dr. Thema and the truth about wealth is it starts with wellness within.”
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth