Doreen Rainey: Face Your Fears
This week, we’re kicking off the You Deserve More series in acknowledgment of Women’s Equal Pay Day. Each year, I lead thousands of women through 20 principles that help them use their God-given gifts to earn more money. (Learn more at iwillearnmore.com)
Talking with people over the years, I have found that the number one thing that holds them back is fear. I’m sure you know that feeling all too well.
You may be afraid of failure. You may be afraid of what people will think of you. You may even be afraid of your own success.
Whatever it is, you’re no alone.
I’m afraid all the time. Every time I start a new project, every time I step on stage to speak, I’m constantly confronted with fear.
And I want to get one thing straight before I continue: fear is not bad. Fear is meant to keep you safe. Fear is meant to protect you. It’s completely natural.
The difference between someone who is successful and someone who isn’t, is simply that a successful person won’t give in to the fear.
When you face your fears, and start that new project it becomes the new norm. The fear will go away in some areas, but you have to face it before it will disappear.
One example of that for me was this podcast. I had so many fears, and one of them was, “What if no one listens to me? What if they find my voice annoying?”
I did it anyway, and this podcast has been so much more successful so much faster than I expected. And you know what else? It’s not scary anymore. In fact, I look forward to it every single wek.
To discuss fears further, and exactly how you can get over them, I brought you a very special guest: Doreen Rainey.
Doreen is known for her no-nonsense, direct approach.
She challenges her clients to move past the obstacles and excuses that block their forward motion. Pulling on her extensive education and experience in training and development, communications, personal growth, entrepreneurship and authentic living, she provides the foundation for the courses, programs and events that deliver the blueprint to empower her clients to take action.
As Founder and CEO of the RADICAL Success Institute and the Vice President, Operations, Act Like A Success; A Steve Harvey Company, she is driven by a singular vision: to help people define success for themselves and have the guts to go after it.
Download this episode now and learn how to identify your fears, where they come from, and how you can overcome them to build the wealth you deserve in all areas of life.
“You have to define what you want for yourself and then get the guts to go after it.” - @doreenrainey Click To Tweet
5 Common Fears:
Fear of failure
Fear of success
Fear of rejection
Fear of judgment
Fear of what ifs
The Cliff Notes:
- We have to manage our fears.
- Fear is non discriminatory.
- Success can bring more responsibility and judgment.
- Those who are successful are the ones who move forward despite their fears.
- Know where your fears are based from.
- The worst case scenario of being an entrepreneur is getting a job.
- Don’t betray yourself to make others happy.
- Go out and do something big, which you already know you’re called to do, you’re just afraid to step out there.
- The first step of clarity is to choose what you want to move forward with.
- Realize that no one really cares about you.
- The first part of being radical is defining success for yourself.
- You don’t get what you want, you get what you believe.
- Don’t internalize other people’s opinions.
Doreen’s Radical Success Podcast
You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
Take the Earn More Money Pledge