Stop Romanticizing Relationships
Have you ever been in a relationship with someone – personal or professional – where the connection doesn’t feel fully aligned, and it makes you a little uneasy, but you ignore it? In most cases, we figure it’s just us, right? Or, that we’re merely reading too much into a given situation or exchange.
Well, this week I’m here to tell you: Don’t ignore those gut feelings you have and stop romanticizing relationships – current and expired ones.
For me, this topic hits close to home because I recently tried to justify accepting behavior that was not in alignment with my core values. It was one of those, “Well, I know that’s how so-and-so treats other people, but with me, it’s different.”
Reality is, IT’S NOT! It’s easy to romanticize and believe that it is, but the thing is, their treatment of others is a direct reflection of who they are and you are not exempt from experiencing this.
Join me as I share more on this topic and provide actionable steps you can take to untie and end relationships that are out of integrity with your values.
Podcasts are one of the fasting growing mediums for reaching an ideal audience – an audience that’s really listening. So when it comes to ads, you can rest assured they’re not tuning out the noise like they do when radio commercials come on.
If you’re a solopreneur and/or small business owner who needs help amplifying your message and reaching the masses, we’re accepting podcast ad applications!
Find out more at patricewashington.com/podcastads
Romanticizing Relationships Takeaways
- “When people show you who they are, believe them.” – Maya Angelou
- Every time I have veered off the path from my core values, I have suffered. – Patrice Washington
- Know that how you show up behind closed doors – when no one else can see or hear you – that’s the true you. – Patrice Washington
- Move forward with a quiet confidence because insecurity is so loud. – Patrice Washington
- People matter and the minute you stop acting like they do, you threaten your own chance of having the wealth and life you desire. – Patrice Washington
- Treat people well, operate in integrity, preserve your relationships and when a season is up, untie. – Patrice Washington
Do you have any relationships you need to untie and walk away from before the end of the decade? If you do, now is the time to untie them and move on.
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth