Toya Gavin: Life Is More Than Either Or
How do you feel about yourself? Are you present to your worth or do you tie your worth to your accomplishments and what you can do for others? These questions may come as a surprise to most because when things go well in our lives, it’s easy to not consider our own wellbeing or acknowledge our feelings.
Today on the Redefining Wealth Podcast, we sat down with Toya Gavin, an attorney, legal consultant, and founder of Legally Bold, an online coaching and consulting agency where she liberates and helps women in law find a better job so they never have to feel overworked, underpaid, or unhappy again.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- The Career Of The Law – [4:00]
- Experiencing Depression & Burnout – [8:58]
- Compassion Fatigue – [15:45]
- Affirm Yourself To Wealth – [29:16]
- Make The Lives of Others Better – [35:28]
- Pursue Purposeful Positions – [38:48]
- Evolve Into Your Next Level Of Purpose – [44:48]
Connect With Toya Gavin:
Are you ready to use your voice to amplify your message in the marketplace? Your purpose deserves to be amplified and I want to invite you to check out my intentional online training, Podcast with Purpose. This training will teach you how to lean into your purpose, build a sustainable platform via a podcast and truly transform the lives of your listeners. To start your podcasting journey and launch a podcast that aligns with your purpose, visit: http://podcastwithpatrice.com/.
Life Is More than Either Or Takeaways
- “Depression is like living your life underwater.” – Toya Gavin
- “Somewhere along the line culturally we’ve conflated gratitude with less trauma.” – Toya Gavin
- “Within the personal development space, the gift is that you get to help people in a really intimate way. The curse is that you also have to deal with your internal stuff and you can’t hide.” – Toya Gavin
- “There are far more options than just either or.” – Toya Gavin
- “Most financial mismanagement is caused by lack of fulfillment.” – Patrice Washington
- “The whole point of this whole existence game is to help each other and make each other’s lives better.” – Toya Gavin
- “Purpose doesn’t require that you run your own business.” – Patrice Washington
- “The resource that isn’t renewable is our time.” – Toya Gavin
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Toya’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Success is living in your purpose.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Freedom. Overflow. Fun.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Toya Gavin and to me the truth about wealth is that it’s not about money, it’s about what you do with your time.
START HERE: http://patricewashington.com/starthere/
Check Out Our Website: http://patricewashington.com/
Become An Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Ask Patrice Anything – Submit Your Question:
Find Me On Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth