Patrice Grimes: Unleash the Peace
Have you ever experienced conflict and didn’t know how to resolve it? Have you ever made your own issues more insignificant than others?
So many of us attempt to avoid conflict by performing our way into acceptance or approval, yet when we actually come face to face with an issue, we realize that it’s rooted in a much deeper internal struggle.
Conflict begins within. Before we can address conflict resolution, we must first resolve the issues within our own hearts and minds. Avoiding conflict can cause more pain, but understanding conflict can bring us true peace. Today’s guest is not only a Purpose To Platform and Command The Stage graduate, but she’s also on a mission to spread the message that the root of peace is identity.
Patrice Grimes is known as The Peace Curator, a Transformational Speaker, and is the Founder and CEO of The Oasis Space, LLC. A seasoned award winning HR professional, Patrice utilized her relationship building, coaching, and leadership skills in the corporate world to transition into a broader holistic approach that starts outside of the workplace. She now coaches and serves as a place of refuge for high achieving, “go-getter” women, and helps them to identify HEALTHY conflict resolution strategies while embracing their authentic identity to become successful P.E.A.C.E. Pursuits.
Patrice believes one of the major keys of conflict resolution is to ditch performance based complexes in exchange for embodying peace. As the podcast host of The Oasis Space, Patrice provides personal insight and guest interview enlightenment to equip her community to solve their identity crisis and unleash the peace within.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Journey Through An Identity Crisis – [4:43]
- Conflict Starts Within – [13:06]
- Conflict Avoidance – [14:42]
- Conflict Aggression – [19:36]
- Normalizing Conflict – [27:00]
- Finding Peace and Fulfillment [31:36]
- From Purpose To Platform – [33:16]
Connect With Patrice Grimes
Instagram: @ thepeacecurator
This episode is brought to you by my 5-day challenge, Committed To The Call.
Are you a coach, consultant, author, speaker or a service based entrepreneur of any kind? Are you sick of being interested and ready to be committed to getting the answers you need to live the life you’ve been longing for? GET unstuck and join me for my FREE 5-day challenge, COMMITTED to the CALL, where I’ll show you how to stop fighting for a seat at the table and teach you the mindset and tools you need to build your own table. We start August 9th, and you need to be there. To Register and learn more, visit http://PatriceWashington.com/challenge.
Unleash the Peace Takeaways
- “Peace in itself is rooted in identity.” – Patrice Grimes
- “Every conflict will typically start with you.” – Patrice Grimes
- “By avoiding conflict with you, I’m creating massive conflict within me.” – Patrice Washington
- “When there is a disagreement or there is mis-alignment between the mind and the heart, that’s when you know there’s conflict.” – Patrice Grimes
- “You have to be okay with some people walking away when they don’t serve you anymore for your life.” – Patrice Grimes
- “Stop romanticizing expired relationships.” – Patrice washington
- “Never think that you’re above other people’s bad behavior.” – Patrice Washington
- “It’s better to have nobody than a bad body.” – Patrice Washington
- “Anger is really misplaced fear.” – Patrice Grimes
- “People have normalized what conflict looks like in their lives to the point where they’re not able to identify what the conflict is.” – Patrice Grimes
- “Do you need a seat at the table because you think you need to prove yourself to be worthy or do you think you need to find another table that already knows you’re worthy or create your own?” – Patrice Grimes
- “Stop making decisions rooted in fear, not faith.” – Patrice Washington
- “You can’t be a public success and a private failure.” – Patrice Washington
- “Peace is an intangible feeling that shows up as tangible results.” – Patrice Grimes
- “You’re not going to be fulfilled until you get to the main root of identity.” – Patrice Grimes
- “You can not transform what you’re not willing to heal.” – Patrice Grimes
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Patrice’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“I define success by finding the freedom to show up as your best self without being attached to finances.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Peace. Health. Family”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud & John Townsend
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Patrice Grimes and to me the truth about wealth is that you will never experience true wealth until you experience true peace, which is being able to pivot even as chaos pursues.”
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth