Minda Harts: Healing from Workplace Trauma
Have you ever experienced workplace trauma?
Many of us normalize trauma in the workplace and live under the idea that we should be grateful to have a job, even if we feel personally attacked and undermined by our counterparts. We ignore signs of racism, sexism, microaggressions and other forms of inequality, and we brush our feelings under the rug to avoid conflict or correction.
Today on the Redefining Wealth Podcast, we sat down with Minda Harts, Professor at NYU Wagner, host of the live weekly podcast – Secure The Seat, and award- winning and best-selling author of The Memo: What Women of Color Need To Know To Secure A Seat At The Table, as well as her latest book, Right Within: How To Heal From Racial Trauma in the Workplace.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- The Memo – [3:55]
- Microaggressions In The Workplace – [7:02]
- Let Go Of Double Consciousness – [13:27]
- Right Within: Healing From Racial Trauma – [15:08]
- Acknowledging Triggers – [29:45]
- Avoiding The “Angry Black Woman” – [34:20]
- Be Your Authentic Self & Hold Authorities Accountable – [39:43]
- Advocate For The Next Generation – [46:35]
Connect With Minda:
Are you ready to use your voice to amplify your message in the marketplace? Your purpose deserves to be amplified and I want to invite you to check out my intentional online training, Podcast with Purpose. This training will teach you how to lean into your purpose, build a sustainable platform via a podcast and truly transform the lives of your listeners. To start your podcasting journey and launch a podcast that aligns with your purpose, visit: http://podcastwithpatrice.com/.
Healing from Workplace Trauma Takeaways
- “If I had a different skin color, I know that I wouldn’t be dealing with this.” – Minda Harts
- “I’m going to work so the workplace works for us.” – Minda Harts
- “If others don’t do right by me, I have to do right by myself.” – Minda Harts
- “My freedom helped unlock someone else.” – Minda Harts
- “Healing isn’t a one time event, healing is a lifestyle.” – Minda Harts
- “Holistically, my life depended on healing.” – Minda Harts
- “Let’s normalize black women being able to say what they need to say.” – Minda Harts
- “Equity is not an option, it’s mandatory.” – Minda Harts
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Minda’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“By my own terms.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Freedom. Peace. Generosity.”
One Book that Has Redefined Wealth For Yourself:
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Minda Harts and to me the truth about wealth is being generous.”
START HERE: https://patricewashington.com/starthere/
Check Out Our Website: https://patricewashington.com/
Redefine Wealth For Yourself Book: http://redefinewealthforyourself.com/
Become An Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Ask Patrice Anything – Submit Your Question:
Find Me On Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth