Anita Morris: Are You Ready?
Did you know that purpose can be birthed from pain?
Although it may not feel like it in the moment, everything we experience in life, both good and bad, positions us to step into purpose.
I personally believe that nothing happens to us because everything happens for us. The tragedies we face can be used for transformation and the pain we feel can be used to help heal others. So my question to you is: Are you prepared to endure the pain to reach the purpose?
Today’s guest is both a Purpose To Platform alumni and a Command The Stage graduate. After diving heavily into sewing during a dark time in her life, the very coping mechanism that helped her persevere became the main provision that sustained her for purpose. She’s on a mission to heal women through sewing and she encourages and equips women to step into purpose in the midst and aftermath of their personal trials.
Anita Morris is a transformational speaker and the author of the best selling book, STEP Into It: Overcoming Trials that Lead to Purpose. Anita is also the creator and CEO of Anita by Design, a popular DIY Fashion Brand, where she inspires and teaches women all over the world to sew their own garments.
As Anita went through the grueling process of rebuilding her life after the storm, she was awakened to a powerful truth, and that is: The trials of life have the power to usher you into the purpose for which you were created. Today, she shares her personal testimony of how God prepared her to step into purpose.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Stand, Trust, Endure, Proceed – [06:55]
- Healing Through Writing – [11:36]
- Launching A New Course – [19:12]
- Purpose Birthed From Pain – [26:49]
- Divine Alignment – [32:24]
- Step Into It – [36:17]
Connect With Anita Morris
This episode is brought to you by Purpose 2 Platform, a 12-week business accelerator and mentorship program that will get you clear on HOW to package your PURPOSE, communicate your PROMISE to your ideal audience, choose the best PLATFORM for your personality and lifestyle and create a PREMIUM offer. You’ll have accountability and support in a dynamic community so you can finally make progress and be ready before you even need to pull that trigger on what’s no longer serving you. To learn more, visit Purpose2Platform.com.
Are You Ready Takeaways
- “God, I don’t know what you want me to do now, but I know you have purpose in all of this.” – Anita Morris
- “I stood in my faith, I trusted the sovereignty of God, I endured it with grace, and I proceeded on the journey of stepping into purpose.” – Anita Morris
- “I’ve been successful in a lot of the things I’ve set out to do, but there has always been that insecurity in the background.” – Anita Morris
- “P2P equipped us with what we needed to launch our programs.” – Anita Morris
- “I had a 5-figure launch. It was $40,000 in under two weeks.” – Anita Morris
- “Because we tend to underestimate ourselves, we underestimate the people we’re supposed to serve.” – Patrice Washington
- “Be okay with those who say no, either they’re not your person or it’s not their time.” – Anita Morris
- “I am who I am, I have what I have, and either you want it or you don’t.” – Anita Morris
- “Everybody makes mistakes, but in fighting with my husband to rebuild our marriage, it became more beautiful than it had ever been before.” – Anita Morris
- “When I sew, it takes me to another place.” – Anita Morris
- “Nothing happens to us, everything happens for us.” – Patrice Washington
- “Sewing heals.” – Anita Morris
- “Sewing is my therapy.” – Anita Morris
- “You don’t have the luxury of being confused.” – Patrice Washington
- “For my sanity and for my peace, I need rest, it’s necessary.” – Anita Morris
- “The Bible teaches me that I’m not to be a lover of money and things.” – Anita Morris
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Anita’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Success is knowing who you are and walking in that truth.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Peace of Mind.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Anita Morris and to me the truth about wealth is that God has ordained it for all of us, but it’s different for each one of us. If we think it’s all about money, then we’ve completely missed his message.”
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth