Megan Lathrop: More Listening Please
Thank you Capital One for sponsoring this episode! This is a paid endorsement. All opinions are my own and were not directed by Capital One. To learn more about Capital One, visit http://www.capitalone.com
About our Guests:
Megan Lathrop is Co-Creator of the Money Coaching Program at Capital One and a Certified Money Coach. Her long-term partnerships with Senior VPs at major banks had her managing millions in client assets, but she also found herself managing her client’s fears, greed and negative beliefs around money. This realization led Megan to develop a more holistic practice to help people connect to their money.
Phillip LaDon Phillips Jr. is an American singer and songwriter who won the eleventh season of American Idol on May 23, 2012. His coronation song, “Home,” became the all time best selling song from American Idol.
Megan Lathrop and Phil Phillips drive home the importance and power of active listening while relating it to achieving dreams and wealth outside of money. As Patrice puts it, you have to be willing to listen to that still inside voice as your compass and your path to overall life abundance.
- According to the Capital One Listen In Survey, 1 in 5 americans can’t remember the last time someone was completely focused on listening to them personally or professionally.
- More than half (51%) feel they don’t often experience active listening from their friends, family members or colleagues.
- There is a difference between hearing and listening.
- True power comes from active listening.
- Listening to your still small voice is a super power
- Everyone is on a financial journey and, in return, everyone’s story deserves to be listened to.
- Whether it’s about how you felt like you weren’t being heard, how you needed to listen to yourself or a time when you needed to listen to others, that experience likely impacted your purpose, your passions or your financial journey.
Quotes from the show:
“Look at your beliefs, look at your emotions now, to have the relationship you want with money going forward” – Megan Lathrop
“I believe that the more work I do in the areas of my life, I show up as my best self and therefore I attract more opportunities” – Patrice Washington
“ You have to be willing to go after things with all your heart and chase whatever your dreams are so that you can live with no regrets” – Phil Phillips
“Everytime I step on the stage I treat it like its the last time” – Phil Phillips
“Hearing is what happens but listening is something you consciously choose to do” – Patrice Washington
Megan’s Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
“Feeling abundant in each moment” – Megan Lathrop
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Access to resources” – Megan Lathrop
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Money Magic by Debra Price
Fill-in the Blanks… “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Megan Lathrop and the truth about wealth is we all are wealthy”
Phil’s Definition of Success:
“Being with my wife, family and doing what I love” – Phil Phillips
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth