Dr. Dennis Kimbro: Wealth is a Choice
Many times we become too focused on money. It becomes our goal, and in the end, that’s what gets in our way.
Wealth is not about money. Even money isn’t about money. The people who chase the dollar are those who come in last.
If you really want to reach a place of wealth and finances, the first thing you need to do is master your skills. Become so good at something that the world can’t turn away.
When this happens you’ll no longer need to seek out jobs or employment, the marketplace will start seeking you out.
The second is to stay committed to your passions. Becoming complacent and comfortable is what will cause you to be left behind. You need to constantly step outside of your comfort zone and push the boundaries.
Do you think Steve Jobs was ever like, “Ok, I’ve done enough?” No. He kept pushing the world of tech until the day he died.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, we are joined by one of my mentors. This man’s book changed my life, and he helped me see the light during one of my lowest moments in life. His name is, Dr. Dennis Kimbro, and if you don’t know him, you’re in for a treat!
Dennis Kimbro is a best-selling author of five books, writing partner and master trainer for the prestigious Napoleon Hill Foundation and is on the faculty at Clark Atlanta University School of Business Administration. He is a recipient of the Dale Carnegie Personal Achievement award.
Download this episode to hear his advice on the mindset you need to achieve the life and financial success you want.
“The greatest gift we have ever been given is the ability to change our mind.” - @DrDennisKimbro Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- Now is the time to make a difference.
- What’s true of God, is true of you and me.
- You are not broke, your circumstances are.
- Mindset is key to healing.
- If your heart is not in your throat at least once a week, you are living too far from the edge.
- The worst place you can ever be is in your comfort zone.
- The universe is rigged – in your favor.
- Ego is any belief other than God.
- You determine your fortune.
- Don’t ever compromise your values.
- Raise the standards in every area of your life.
- Turn your should do’s into must do’s.
- The passionate, committed mind will change the world.
- Conviction is a force multiplier.
- Every movement started with one individual.
- There’s no financial deficit, there’s a spiritual deficit.
- Believe and achieve.
- If miracles aren’t occurring in your life, love is not present.
Dr. Kimbro’s Website
Dr. Kimbro’s Twitter
Dr. Kimbro’s LinkedIn
The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires by Dennis Kimbro
Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice by Dennis Kimbro and Napoleon Hill
Free to Choose by Milton Friedman