REWIND: The Value of Being Present
About our Guest:
Sheri Riley is an empowerment speaker, life strategist, and award-winning author of Exponential Living: Stop Spending 100% of Your Time on 10% of Who You Are. She helps individuals make choices that lead to more fulfilling lives. She has worked with some of the world’s biggest celebrities and corporations. She has spoken at Turner Sports, Prudential, and The Coca-Cola Company. She has appeared on the Steve Harvey show, NPR, Huffington Post and more. She has worked with huge celebrities like Usher, TLC, and more. She is also a good friend of mine.
We are prepping for the upcoming year, so the team and I thought it would be a great time to have a rewind of some of our very best podcasts. Award-winning author Sheri Riley is here to remind us about the value of being present. Everytime I listen to this interview, it continues to be a blessing for me. If you’ve heard this podcast before, listen again because you are in a totally different place today than you were when you first listened to it.
- Sheri worked so hard on Exponential Living and deserves every award and acknowledgement that she is getting. She just considers it a humbling honor.
- It was Sheri’s mission to get out of living 10% of her life and feeling empty to living 100% of her life and feeling fulfilled.
- What people we love want the most is our time and our presence. We often get too caught up in making money or meeting our goals.
- When we just bounce from one thing to another our creativity is stifled. Focusing on one thing at a time increases your creativity.
- With relationships focus in on what you can do for the other person and build a mutually respectful and beneficial relationship. Relationships and friendships may not be equal but they always need to be reciprocal.
Quotes from the show:
“Sometimes I would just call Patrice to hear her voice, because I needed the stability of knowing that someone was there who was authentic and true.” – Sheri Riley
“How could you possibly feel so empty when your life is so full?” – Sheri Riley
“When some really close friends made some decisions that were devastating, I knew I had to write my book and get it out to the world.” – Sheri Riley
“Meeting Sheri Riley has been one of the greatest blessings of my life.” – Patrice Washington
“It makes me so happy to see Sheri Riley walking in the light and getting the recognition that she so deserves.” – Patrice Washington
“Meeting Sheri Riley has been one of the greatest blessings of my life.” – Patrice Washington”
Sheri’s Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
Peace. Peace for me is the new success.
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
Peace, love, and the word of God.
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Fill-in the Blanks… “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Sheri Riley and the truth about wealth is wealth and money are different. Money comes and goes, but wealth is what truly sustains me.”
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth