The Power of No Comparison
In today’s world we are always comparing ourselves to the people around us. We look at other people and judge ourselves based on them. How they look, the things they have, the accomplishments they’ve made.
The truth is the only person you should be comparing yourself to is who you were yesterday. You don’t know other people’s stories, and you need to focus on creating your own.
Make goals for yourself, and take baby steps to get there. Don’t try to take giant leaps to get there or you will be discouraged. For example, if you want to run a marathon don’t try to run twenty miles tomorrow. Start small with a reasonable goals, like a half mile, so you’re small accomplishments act as a fuel to get you to your final goal.
Lastly, and most importantly, don’t tell yourself you can’t. You can. We all make excuses, but the truth is there is nothing we can’t do. All we have to do is set our mindframe to “I can” and we will get to what we want.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, Patrice explains the power of no comparison. She analyzes ways we hold ourselves back, and what we can do to overcome our biggest obstacle: ourselves.
Download this episode today and learn how you can start changing your mindset and get on track to making your goals into a reality.“Only compete against the person you were yesterday.” Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- You need to protect the vessel needed to execute the vision.
- We shouldn’t compare ourselves to others.
- Only compete against the person you were yesterday.
- You can look thin and still be unhealthy.
- The words you say to yourself impact your life.
- Notice what excuses you are making for yourself.
- You have to stay committed to you.
- Be proud of you.
- Find a vision and take baby steps to get there.