Alexandra Catalano: Listen to Your Body
In our pursuit of wealth building, one thing that constantly gets overlooked is our health. It can be the last thing we think about, especially in a busy schedule.
We tend to overwork ourselves and get so hungry, that we’ll grab the first thing we can no matter how unhealthy it is for us.
Eating the wrong food can make your body sluggish, your brain foggy and studies even show it can lead to depression.
On top of that, ladies, there are all kinds of strange things that can happen with our hormones when we don’t eat well.
Don’t worry though, you don’t have to go through huge drastic changes to start getting on the right path. Lord knows it’s been a process for me over the last several years, but one that’s been worth it. By slowly changing my diet I was able to change my taste buds, and now all that food that used I used to crave doesn’t even sound appetizing.
You might be asking yourself, what are the “right” foods to eat? You’ve probably heard of so many diets. Vegetarian, vegan, fruitarian, paleo, keto, and so on that it can be overwhelming.
Well, you’re in luck. Today’s guest breaks down how to make healthier choices that are right for you, and how to tell what foods you should concentrate on because there is no one size fits all answer when it comes to diet.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, I talk with holistic nutritionist, Alexandra Catalano, to help clear up a lot of misconceptions when it comes to eating healthy.
Alexandra is also an author, TEDx speaker, healthy lifestyle expert and creator of the popular lifestyle brand Eat Cute. She has appeared on The Hallmark Channel’s Home and Family, FOX Good Day LA, Lifetime Network’s Supermarket Superstar, WGN Chicago News, The CW News and The Elite Daily Show.
She has written health articles for publications such as Oxygen Magazine, Muscle & Fitness Magazine, FOX News Magazine, Brit+Co, Paleo Magazine, Daily Makeover, and FabfitFun. Her virtual nutrition coaching makes it possible to work with clients from all over the world.
Download this episode today to learn what it takes to look and feel your best.“Everybody, throw out your scale. It’s not about the number, it’s about how you feel and how you look.” - @EatCute Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- There’s a lot of misconceptions about health.
- Eating healthy can be very overwhelming for most people.
- We’re not all made the same way.
- There is not one diet that works for everyone, and there’s not one diet that’s going to work for you for the rest of your life.
- A lot of times we think we are being healthy, when we aren’t.
- Avoid sugar, which is hidden in nearly everything.
- Don’t eat items that say “sugar free”.
- Be conscious of how you feel after everything you eat.
- Your blood type can tell you a lot about what you should and shouldn’t be eating.
- Change one ingredient at a time to make your meals better and better.
- No one should go cold turkey when making a change.
- Snacks are only a part of the American culture.
- Organic frozen vegetables can be much healthier.
- Have a workout partner.
- The most important step to going to the gym is just getting there.
- Walking is incredibly therapeutic.
- Muscle weighs more than fat.
- You should be drinking half of your weight in ounces every day.
- Get a BP free water bottle.
- If you have caffeine, add another bottle of water to your day.
- Get a water bottle that can filter so you can have clean water wherever you go.