Trent Shelton: Running From Reality
It’s our Anniversary Eve episode! Next week will be our three year anniversary here at Redefining Wealth, which means we are celebrating three years of teaching you that wealth is so much more than money and material possessions.
Here in this community, we believe in the original definition of wealth – the condition of well being. In order for us to achieve overall well-being, we first need to acknowledge our current reality and stop suppressing past shame and pain. A man who does this well is Trent Shelton, a father, transformational speaker and former NFL wide receiver.
He is the poster child for turning pain into purpose and he is truly living a genuine and authentic life. He says, “it’s time to stop running from reality”. Sharing with us his devastating journey in the NFL, Trent teaches us how to tackle our trials and stop suppression from leading to depression.
When we pursue purpose, sometimes our plans are not God’s plans. This is exactly what Trent discovered as God led him away from what he thought was his purpose (football), into what God truly had planned for him (speaking). For this reason, Trent believes “purpose is the wealthiest thing we can have”, and it’s no coincidence that our motto here at Redefining Wealth is to “chase purpose, not money”.
Learning this lesson early on changed my life and I invite you to join us as we go further into this conversation and closer to our ideal lifestyle of wealth and well being. I believe Trent Shelton is one of the most prolific inspirational speakers of our time and I can’t wait for you to hear what he shares in today’s episode.
This episode is brought to you by Command the Stage, A 2-Day Intimate Training Created for the Next Generation of Transformational Speakers Who Desire to Confidently Communicate the Message they’ve Been Called to Share with the Masses.
How Would You Like to Captivate Your Audience, Attract Your Tribe, Build Authority and Use Speaking from the Stage to Grow Your Platform Exponentially by Becoming More Magnetic, More Memorable and More Powerful? Get more details at patricewashington.com/stage.
Running From Reality Takeaways
- “When I speak I want to make my words matter.” – Trent Shelton
- “When the purpose is big enough, the struggle or any fear will never be great enough.” – Trent Shelton
- “I have a purpose greater than the pain I experienced.” – Trent Shelton
- “Oftentimes, our plans have to fail so God’s purpose in our life can prevail.” – Trent Shelton
- “Never let people place their impossibilities on your life.” – Trent Shelton
- “Faith isn’t believing because you see it, it’s believing it because you know God has called you to do it.” – Trent Shelton
- “Never feel guilty for cutting someone off when they handed you the scissors.” – Trent Shelton
- “I don’t ever want to be a public success and private failure.” – Patrice Washington
- “True wealth is not just in your bank account, but it’s also in your talents and your gifts and your wisdom that you leave here.” – Trent Shelton
- “Purpose is the wealthiest thing we can have.” – Trent Shelton
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Trent’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Leaving Impact Here”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Trent Shelton and to me the truth about wealth is it’s bigger than anything you could ever purchase.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth