Robert Hartwell: Will You Keep Going?
Are you willing to go all-in when it comes to investing in your dream?
Today’s guest transitioned from full-time performer to entrepreneur, invested ALL of his savings, completely emptied his bank account and took a leap of faith to create a training ground for the next generation of Broadway artists.
Robert Hartwell is the Founder and Artistic Director of The Broadway Collective — an arts education program for performing arts students.
After a wildly successful career as a performing artist on Broadway—performing in five Broadway shows including Hello! Dolly with Bette Midler, at the Tony Awards, and at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade—Robert left his dream job as a performer to become an arts education entrepreneur.
By saying yes to the unknown, Robert earned massive success for himself and his business, while inspiring his students and giving them permission to go all-in to achieve their dreams. In this episode, Robert takes us through his journey from pain to purpose and dives into why he is committed to use The Broadway Collective to give others—especially from underrepresented groups—the opportunity to succeed.
In the words of Robert, “The Broadway community has shown me your gift was never for you, but for you to use it to open doorways for others.”
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Purpose Comes Out Of Pain – [5:20]
- Listen More & Trust – [8:50]
- Search For The Lesson Or The Blessing – [10:40]
- Be Willing To Risk It All – [13:18]
- It’s Lonely At The Top – [20:11]
- A Letter To Home – [33:04]
- Making Generational Moves – [38:18]
- Keep Climbing – [44:00]
Connect With Robert Hartwell:
Letter to Home Video: https://bwaycollective.com/letters/
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Will You Keep Going Takeaways
- “Half the battle is just thinking it.” – Robert Hartwell
- “It’s not about how it makes me feel, it’s what it does for the audience.” – Robert Hartwell
- “You have to look and be grateful for the Ruth’s in your life.” – Robert Hartwell
- “If you do trust that the universe has more for you, you won’t miss the mighty move.” – Robert Hartwell
- “Step Out and bet on yourself.” – Robert Hartwell
- “The wealth is in showing and sharing that we can do all things.” – Robert Hartwell
- “I don’t have a business degree, I just have faith that it’s all going to work out.” – Robert Hartwell
- “You want the reward, but you don’t want the risk of the sacrifice.” – Robert Hartwell
- “Only committed people say, ‘I’m going to the top’”. – Robert Hartwell
- “The word cash is not keeping me from my home.” – Robert Hartwell
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Robert’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Do I wake up in the morning and say thank you?”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Giving To Family.”
One Book that Has Helped You Redefine Wealth For Yourself:
Jump: Take the Leap of Faith to Achieve Your Life of Abundance by Steve Harvey
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth