REWIND: Impossible Means It’s Not Your Priority
Have you ever told yourself that something was impossible?
Too often we deem a task impossible before we even start. We look at the amount of work it takes, all of the responsibilities we already have and the lack of time in a day, and we completely rule it out before we even give ourselves an opportunity to put the work in.
When we say it’s impossible, we’re saying that we’re not determined enough to remove every other distraction out of our lives so that we can focus on achieving the tasks we have in this season. Our words have power, and when we allow ourselves to believe that something is impossible, we stay stuck in cycles of confusion and we trick ourselves by the stories we tell that lead us to feel overwhelmed.
In this season, I recognize that in order to increase my probability for success, I need to adjust my schedule and shift my priorities, which means removing the word “impossible” from my vocabulary. This episode is a REWIND and a reminder that when we declare the impossible, we’re really declaring that it’s not a priority.
Key discussion points include:
- Make Sure It’s Meaningful – [09:46]
- Start Your Schedule With The End In Mind – [13:50]
- Invest In Your Priorities – [17:47]
This episode is brought to you by my new book, Redefine Wealth For Yourself: How To Stop Chasing Money and Finally Live Your Life’s Purpose.
Through stories, principles, and practical exercises based on the Six Pillars of Wealth, this book serves as a guide to take you step by step through the process of creating a life of peace, purpose, and prosperity. If you’re tired of chasing money and ready to pursue your purpose, this holistic guide to wealth is for you. Purchase your copy today at RedefineWealthForYourself.com
Impossible Means It’s Not Your Priority Takeaways
- “Your attitude towards a process is always going to determine your success with that process.” – Patrice Washington
- “What you verbalize, you magnify in your life.” – Patrice Washington
- “100% is actually possible 100% of the time.” – Patrice Washington
- “When we use words like impossible, what we’re really saying is, ‘It’s just not my priority right now.’” – Patrice Washington
- “People make time for what they want to make time for.” – Patrice Washington
- “You don’t find time, you make it.” – Patrice Washington
- “Start your schedule with the end in mind.” – Patrice Washington
- “You don’t find time because time is not hiding from you.” – Patrice Washington
- “Where there is no transaction, there will be no transformation.” – Patrice Washington
- “Anything that I preach to you, I have to practice.” – Patrice Washington
- “Interested people rarely achieve their goals, committed people do it by any means necessary.” – Patrice Washington
- “Purpose evolves.” – Patrice Washington
- “In order to make something a priority, you have to make sure it’s meaningful to you.” – Patrice Washington
Mentioned In This Episode:
- The Power of Mastery + Momentum – https://youtu.be/OClPI4xhNgk
- Results VS Resolutions: Commitment Makes the Difference – https://youtu.be/-Hg6ZAgkrdA
- I’m Not Above Backing Out – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svXbGf0Cm2A
- Lisa Bilyeu: How All In Are You Really? – https://youtu.be/LD61HKEZX9Q
- Grace + Ease: The Two Words I’m Adding to Every Goal This Year – https://youtu.be/rRBOCd5cm-o
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth