Gerald Washington: Becoming a Purpose-Driven Couple
Are you questioning how to pursue your purpose when your partner doesn’t understand or support you?
Oftentimes, my husband and I are referred to as a power couple, but I don’t believe we talk enough about what it takes to support those who are purpose-driven. Pursuing or preserving a relationship while chasing purpose is an honest struggle for many couples because it requires learning how to make space for each other. It requires prioritizing both your relationship and your purpose equally and collectively deciding the level of commitment each of you will contribute to building the relationship and building each other up for personal and professional support. If you struggle to find an even balance in your relationship while trying to chase purpose then this episode is for you.
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, this week’s episode of the Redefining Wealth Podcast will focus on how you and your partner can become a purpose-driven couple. I believe that true love looks like support, so today I chose to bring in my husband and partner in purpose to help me dive into how couples can chase purpose together.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Are You Unapologetic About Your Purpose? – [06:46]
- Building A Business – [13:24]
- Speak Your Partner’s Language – [16:05]
- Pursuing Purpose When Your Partner Isn’t Clear About Theirs – [19:27]
- Addressing Bitterness & Jealousy In A Purpose-Driven Relationship – [26:26]
- Success Requires A Schedule – [34:11]
- The Best Time To Involve Your Partner In Business – [38:40]
- How To Support Your Partner – [46:05]
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Becoming A Purpose-Driven Couple Takeaways
- “If you’re unapologetic about your purpose, your partner cannot inhibit your progress.” – Gerald Washington
- “I want my wife to win. We add to each other.” – Gerald Washington
- “It’s our job to enroll our significant other in the vision.” – Patrice Washington
- “From inception you’re building a business that you have to sell to those around you.” – Gerald Washington
- “Create a money making space.” – Patrice Washington
- “If it’s your purpose and you’re unapologetic about it, let’s make some money.” – Gerald Washington
- “We came into this world as individuals and we will leave as individuals. What you do in that gap to suffice what God’s plan is for you and what your plan is for yourself is up to you.” – Gerald Washington
- “We have to learn how to allow each other to grow, separately and correctly.” – Gerald Washington
- “Many times in a marriage, because we find something that we think is amazing we want our spouse to think it’s amazing. But they’re not ready and don’t force them to be ready.” – Gerald Washington
- “Everyone deserves the dignity of their own process.” – Patrice Washington
- “It’s okay for purpose to evolve.” – Patrice Washington
- “Everything that’s permissible is not necessarily beneficial.” – Patrice Washington
- “The reason why people aren’t successful is because they don’t have a schedule. If you can see it, then you can do it.” – Gerald Washington
- “Nurture what your partner does for you and make them feel powerful for doing that.” – Gerald Washington
- “Love looks like support.” – Patrice Washington
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Gerald’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“I define success as peace, happiness, and a wealth that affords me the right to have a legacy.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Family. Health. Security.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Honorable Mention – Mark My Words Sermon by Pastor Mike Todd of Transformational Church
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Gerald Washington and to me the truth about wealth is it is completely hinged upon the ever-changing cycle of my life and my family.”
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth