When most people initially think about pursuing purpose, they usually jump right into deciding the type of work they need to do in order to earn the amount of money they hope to make. As a finance expert for the last decade, I’ve received tons of inquiries regarding how to successfully turn your passion into profit, but none that desire clarity around purpose. I believe work and money should be the last things we focus on because purpose should be our priority.
Over the last three weeks, we’ve learned the truth about wealth and applied lessons from the pillars of wealth to help us live purpose driven lives. We mastered our Fit pillar when we decided to mentally become the best version of ourselves and physically commit to our own individual process. We progressed in our People pillar by enrolling others in our vision and enforcing stronger boundaries in our personal relationships. We cleared our Space pillar when we removed something small in our space and added touches of beauty, and we grew in our Faith pillar when we learned how to operate in integrity and make time to actually practice the faith we profess.
We welcomed the idea of redefining wealth together and after mastering the first four pillars, I believe we’re finally ready to tackle work and money. Tune in this week for our final episode of our 3-part series, Results Not Resolutions where we’ll be discussing the Work & Money pillars.
Key discussion points include:
- 05:26 – The Work Pillar
- 08:40 – Answer The Call
- 15:11 – Design Your Ideal Day
- 20:38 – The Money Pillar
- 24:23 – Buy Back Your Freedom
My focus is to get you to adopt new patterns and rituals that actually support who you want to become and I’m excited to help you build monetary wealth while operating in your purpose.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
The Six Pillars of Wealth Takeaways – Part 3
- “The hard work in all of this is the heart-work.” – Patrice Washington
- “When you’re working for more than a paycheck, you bring a spirit of enthusiasm to everything you do.” – Patrice Washington
- “When we rationalize, we ‘ration-out-lies’.” – Patrice Washington
- “You can follow your gift to your purpose.” – Patrice Washington
- “If people can benefit from your gift it has value, and when people continually seek you out for your gift, it’s a calling. Do the work you’re called to do.” – Patrice Washington
- “Don’t relegate your greatest talent to be a hobby or a side hustle.” – Patrice Washington
- “When we’re not operating in purpose, it makes it difficult to honor the priorities that are going to get us to the wealth we say we want and the goals we say we have.” – Patrice Washington
- “Your money is a byproduct of how much you invest in solidifying the first five pillars: fit, people, space, faith and work.” – Patrice Washington
- “If you don’t know how to rest when you need to, all the material wealth in the world can’t help you.” – Patrice Washington
- “Money is just one element of a wealthy life.” – Patrice Washington
- “You no longer have the luxury of allowing yourself to stay confused about things that have been answered over and over again.” – Patrice Washington
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at [email protected]
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth