The Blessing of Downsizing
One of the hardest things you can do in life is let go. No matter what it is, people or things, it can be a challenge to get it out of your life.
If you want to grow, however, you need to cut out what isn’t working. That’s why we prune trees, so they can grow bigger and healthier than ever before.
Cutting away the dead branches on a tree that doesn’t get sunlight anymore, allows the tree to use its energy to maximize its efforts.
That’s exactly what you need to do. Constantly re-evaluate what you have in your life. Our dreams and visions shift all the time; think about if the things you accumulated are really helping your new vision or not.
And it’s not just people or things that may be holding you back from growth, it might even be your mindset.
Think about how you look at things, maybe it was a mindset your parents taught you about the world. Is it really serving you, or should you start looking at things differently?
On this episode of Redefining Wealth I wanted to take a moment and share with you the transition I have been going through in my life.
I decided it was time to cut back in life so that I, and my family, can grow even larger than ever before.
We’ve been detoxing our lives, and I even had my husband come on to share his experiences throughout the process.
So download this episode today and learn what we all need to evaluate and trim out of our lives.“If you care about what other people think, you’ll always be broke.” Click To Tweet
3 Things You Need to Let Go Of:
- Ways of thinking
The Cliff Notes:
- Share when you are going through something, not just the mountaintop experience.
- Sometimes you don’t realize your dreams aren’t what you really want until you get there.
- Bigger is not always better.
- We have to be willing to trim and cut back in order to grow.
- Don’t make your decisions based on what other people will think.
- Categorize what you really love.
- The decluttering of your life will allow you to look at how much you don’t need.
- People don’t fire you, you fire yourself.
- Sometimes you don’t need to get rid of things, you also need to get rid of people.
- Realize how much stuff you’ve accumulated that you don’t need.
- There’s a balance in managing where you are now and where you dream of being.
- Re-evaluate your priorities as your dreams shift.
- Prepare yourself to be the best version of yourself so you can hold your vision.
- Downsizing is really an opportunity to maximize.
- Create a plan and go hard on it.