Egypt Sherrod: Simplicity Drives Success
As you know, space is an important pillar. It’s not about faking it and throwing all your junk in drawers.
It’s about finding your value and showing it through your surroundings. If you have old dirty socks hiding in your desk drawer, they’re still there. They’re still showing you that you don’t mentally value yourself.
Everything is a reflection of your mental state, from the mess in your garage to the clothes on your back. In fact, if all you buy are clearance items, you’re saying you aren’t worthy of nice things.
Like today’s guest says, too many time we are putting ourselves on sale. Although true value does come from within, our reminders come from without.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, we are joined by an inspiration of mine, Egypt Sherrod.
Egypt knows more about the importance of self-worth, and how to find your true value, than anyone I know.
She’s an award-winning Realtor & CEO of the Atlanta based Egypt Sherrod Real Estate Group, she’s been chosen as one of Network Journal’s 40 Under 40, made recurring appearances as the home buyers/sellers “go-to girl” on NBC’s Today Show, CNBC, FOX, CNN, HLN as well as being featured on Fast & Company, Yahoo, Homes.com, Rolling Stone, Black Enterprise, and a host of other publications and digital platforms. Licensed in two states, Egypt is also the real estate columnist for Atlanta Magazine’s HOME.
Egypt drives her lovable but no-nonsense approach home, with her NAACP Image Award-nominated “Keep Calm…It’s Just Real Estate: Your No-Stress Guide To Buying A Home,” on Running Press/Perseus Books which became a bestseller in its genre.
A powerhouse speaker and moderator, Egypt hosted the stage at Oprah’s “The Life You Want Tour”, and countless business conferences. As a 20-year award-winning radio personality, Egypt has been syndicated in more than 60 cities throughout the USA.
Egypt is a graduate of Temple University in Philadelphia with a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Telecommunications & Mass Media. She holds the designation of Master Certified Negotiator, Accredited Buyer Representative, Certified Residential Specialist and Certified Distressed Property Expert.
Egypt is seamlessly using the power of television and the microphone to help others, all the while living her own life to the fullest.
Download this episode now and hear her insights on how you can find your true value.
““The great thing about waking up every morning is having another chance to get it right.” - @EgyptSaidSo Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- Be in love with everything around you, don’t just tolerate it.
- You don’t owe anyone an explanation about how you choose to live your life.
- Sometimes you need to go to grow.
- We are responsible for our own sanctity.
- We don’t realize that we are living out lives on sale and putting ourselves on clearance.
- What you wear shows what you believe you are worth.
- Just because something held you back before, doesn’t mean it still has to have a hold on you today.
- Loving people doesn’t mean you only love people who love you back.
- Go room to room, and pack everything up, then only unpack what you need or love.
- We do not need more than half of the stuff we surround ourselves with.
- You need to realize that the real priority is.
- Experiences over things, people over material.