Vernon Ross: Answer the Call
There’s one thing you can’t be afraid to do in this world: ask for help.
Many times that’s what holds us back. We dream about achieving greater things, but we have no idea how to get there.
The secret is to keep moving and ask questions along the way. Just by moving you’ll get further than most people. The average person will just stay in one spot.
Progress can only be made through trial and error, so get out there and work at it. As you go, you’ll find people along the way who can give you advice, and help you grow in the direction you want to go.
This podcast is the perfect example of this. Most people would be too intimidated by the choices in recording equipment, or trying to find out what an RSS feed is. If I acted like a “normal” person I’d give up before I even started.
Instead, I made this show happen in three weeks. I learned everything I could, reached out to everyone who seemed like they’d help. I even went to a podcast convention called Podcast Movement to connect with engineers, who are now helping me make this show.
Since that two week push I’ve released 50 episodes, built a large audience (which I’m grateful for) and now I’m scheduled to speak at that same convention later this week.
None of it would have happened if I just sat there dreaming or feeling overwhelmed.
And to be honest, I couldn’t have made this show happen if it wasn’t for a big help from Vernon Ross. I know I’ve mentioned him on this show so many times before, but I felt I needed to bring him on so you all can learn from him as well.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, Vernon was kind enough to share his insights on building an audience and how you can really build a platform that best fits you.
Download this episode now, and hear some amazing insights from the man who made this show possible.“In order to master our message, we have to break the mold.” Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- Give yourself permission to be your authentic self.
- Someone has the answers, have the humility to ask.
- Ask yourself, “How can I create value for this person?”
- Find the right platform for your audience.
- You should grow as much as you can.
- Growth is not transactional.
- You have to start.
- Your messy is better than most, because they haven’t even started.
- Every time you meet a new group of people, you have the opportunity to be exactly who you want to be.
- Do the work and don’t agonize over it.
- Know your guests as much as they know themselves.