Paul Brunson: What Two Billionaires Taught Me About People
Do you treat everyone the same, or do you pick and choose the people you want to be in contact with? Do you find yourself quickly judging people and expecting them to help you?
You’re doing yourself a huge disservice. You never know who is watching that has the power to bless you. Your people skills, in all areas of life, are what will make you or break you.
As a result, I’m going to give you 3 tips that will help you build your overall wealth.
- Build a phenomenal relationship with yourself before you try to build one with others.
- Treat everyone you meet with love, respect, and acknowledgment.
- Don’t ask for things from others unless you’ve given at least 10x first.
If you follow these three simple rules you’ll open up possibilities you never thought were possible.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, we continue the Results – Not Resolutions series to help us achieve our relationship goals this year. We are joined by the man who knows more about relationships and selfless giving than anyone: Paul C. Brunson.
Paul is an entrepreneur, author, and television host that has become recognized internationally as one of the most successful matchmakers and small business leaders.
He is the founder and chairman of the award-winning matchmaking firm, PCBA. His boutique company of 9 matchmakers, counselors, and coaches is considered one of the leading firms in the sector, receiving the iDate Best Matchmaker and Best Relationship Coaching of the Year awards in 2015.
He received an NAACP Image Award nomination for his first book entitled: It’s Complicated (But It Doesn’t Have to Be): A Modern-Day Guide to Finding and Keeping Love. Appearing as the co-host on Oprah Winfrey Network’s Lovetown, USA, Oprah Winfrey notes, “Paul is much more than a matchmaker!”
Debuting this Fall, Paul will host and produce a primetime docu-series on ABC. Currently, Paul hosts Our World by Black Enterprise, a weekly syndicated network and cable TV show where he interviews today’s top newsmakers and business leaders. Earlier in the year, it was announced Columbia Pictures secured the rights to Paul’s life story to create a film about him being a pioneering Matchmaker.
Paul’s insights and unique understanding of relationships and personal development have made him a sought-after expert on interpersonal relationships and entrepreneurship, having appeared in over 350 major media outlets around the world – including appearances on Good Morning America, The Today Show, Nightline, CNN, Entertainment Tonight, the Washington Post, Black Enterprise, Essence, Ebony, and more.
We are so blessed to have him join us today.
Download this episode to hear amazing insights on growing relationships in all areas of life to achieve the wealth you deserve.“People skills are critical to living our optimal lives.” - @PaulCBrunson Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- There’s always someone watching you that has the power to bless you.
- The same pillars that go into romantic relationships also go into personal and business relationships.
- We all need to be better listeners.
- There’s a difference between hearing and listening.
- Listening allows you to capture the moment and acknowledges the other person.
- Everyone wants to be acknowledged.
- Don’t ask for things too early.
- To build a rapport you need to give, give, and give.
- Social media has allowed people to fake it without ever making it.
- We all want autonomy, impact, and money.
- Those with high standards and high expectations always have a higher quality of life.
- If you want to create phenomenal relationships with other people you have to first create a phenomenal relationship with yourself.
- Would you rather have 100,000 Twitter followers or just have Oprah follow you?