Lori Harder: You Need a Tribe
There’s one thing you’ve heard me say again and again: you can’t do it alone. It’s true, but creating the tribe you actually need to build is more complicated than you might realize.
First of all, make sure people earn the right to be in your tribe. No one gets a free pass and just because you like someone, doesn’t necessarily mean they belong in your tribe.
They need to be adding value to you and your purpose in some form or fashion.
That doesn’t mean you are using people. In fact, it’s the exact opposite. A tribe doesn’t all work for one, they work together to ensure that everyone benefits. If people feel like they aren’t getting as much as they are giving, they won’t want to be part of the tribe.
And to make sure they are feeling as much fulfillment, here’s the key ingredient: communication. Make sure that you are clear about everything with everyone in your tribe. Don’t assume they know what you are thinking, what you want or what you like because they don’t. Likewise, if you don’t know what they are thinking, ask them.
Recently, I read an amazing book on the subject: A Tribe Called Bliss by Lori Harder.
Lori and I spent some time together discussing so much about this topic, and we were even on each other’s podcast. So, as soon as you finish my show, go listen to hers because what we discuss there is just as powerful and about something completely different. If you don’t know Lori, she is a leading expert in the field of fitness, transformational work, mindfulness, and self-love. She has grown two multi-million dollar businesses as a successful entrepreneur and network marketing professional.
She is also an author, cover model, and three-time fitness world champion, who offers a carefully curated set of practical tools to promote sustainable health, spiritual well-being, and financial freedom.
Through her books, unique coaching methods, and programs, she has helped countless people connect with their soul, transform their bodies, empower their minds, gain financial independence, and fall in love with themselves and their lives.
Throughout her career, Lori has regularly appeared on the covers of and published articles for Oxygen Magazine, STRONG Fitness Magazine, Health & Fitness Magazine and Prosper Magazine. She has also been featured on NBC, Fox, and TLC networks.
So download this episode today and learn all about the tribe you may want to build so you can achieve the fulfillment you deserve.“No one person can be everything for you.” - @LoriHarder Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- Behind every successful woman is a tribe of women who have her back.
- No one person can be everything for you.
- Go back to your past and give yourself what you need emotionally.
- It’s all about who you are connecting with and who you are becoming along the way.
- It’s not about using people, it’s about truly connecting with people.
- Everything you think will fulfill you outside of your tribe will not.
- The worst thing that can ever happen is not having someone to share you success with.
- Choose bliss in the journey.
- Today, women are in need of real connection so we don’t feel so alone.
- Create a supportive structure within your tribe.
- Find people who want the same thing as you by asking specific questions.
- People can’t know what you are thinking, you need to say what you want.
- Don’t wait to fulfill your calling for someone else to tell you you’re ready.
- There are different types of gossip. Know the difference.
- When you trust in yourself, you trust in the very thing that created you.
- Nothing makes you understand forgiveness like hurt.
- You can’t teach from a place you don’t understand.