How much do you REALLY know about investing in the stock market? Honestly, do your eyes glaze over as you hear words like valuation, dividend, index fund and margin?
Listen, I know the stock market can be overwhelming, even for those who know the basics, so that’s why I’ve invited Tela Holcomb, creator of Trade Your 9-to-5™, to put stocks and investments into plain English.
After Tela’s corporate career ended abruptly in 2012, it forced her to use the stock market knowledge she had to make a living – and boy did she. By 2013, just eight months after being fired from her good-paying job, she’d doubled her retirement account and found the key to financial freedom in the stock market.
In today’s episode, Tela shares her top investing tips. We discuss the difference between investing and trading, what an average day looks like for her and how she’s using her stock market knowledge to help others achieve financial freedom and leave their 9-to-5.
Remember, you or someone you know can showcase their product or service on the podcast! Podcasts are one of the fasting growing mediums for reaching your ideal audience. An audience that’s really listening – not tuning out the noise like they do when radio commercials come on. If you’re a solopreneur and/or small business owner who needs help amplifying your message and reaching the masses, we’re accepting podcast applications! Find out more at patricewashington.com/podcastads.
Trade Your 9-to-5™ Takeaways
- Financial “gurus” use complicated language to convince people they can’t figure out the stock market on their own. – Tela Holcomb
- Hiring someone to help manage your investments is okay, but relying on them to do all your homework is not. – Tela Holcomb
- Trading is like dating – you can mix it up as often as you want, but if you want the reliability of marriage, then investing is what you’re after. – Tela Holcomb
- I need a stock to show me it’s worth my time and money before I bring it home with me. – Tela Holcomb
- I practiced investing for eight months BEFORE I put real money into the market. – Tela Holcomb
- Don’t believe the hype … you do NOT need a lot of money to start investing in the stock market. – Tela Holcomb
- Investing is something that can feed you for a lifetime, so it’s worth putting in the time and effort to get it right. – Tela Holcomb
Inspired by Tela’s story? Already wondering how you can master trading and investing so you can ditch your 9-to-5? Join The Exchange and get this FREE training on trading the stock market: https://courses.telaholcomb.com/p/stocks-profit
Now, Tela and I would love to hear from you. Did Tela’s plain English approach to the stock market help you understand it better? Do you still have questions? Let us know.
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Tela’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“When you’ve reached the point of fulfillment and when you’ve left your mark on this world to the point where when you die it keeps going.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Tela Holcomb and the truth about wealth is that it’s not about the money.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at [email protected].
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth