Lynn Richardson: Paycheck to Monday
Are you one of those people who lives paycheck to paycheck? Or worse, paycheck to Monday, where you get paid on Friday and by Monday it’s already gone?
Do your spending habits cause you to spend more money than you make?
Are you ashamed to show your bank statement to your children?
If you’re answering yes to any of these questions, then today’s episode is one you don’t want to miss.
Before her success as a financial coach, Lynn Richardson – author, entertainment executive and celebrity financial coach – was living the paycheck to Monday routine, even though she was making five to six figures every month. Yes, you heard it right – on a monthly basis Lynn was making what most people make in a year, and she was still broke.
Fortunately, she recognized she had a problem and set out to fix it. As she says, “It didn’t matter how much money I made, which is why you can’t really trade time for money. More money doesn’t solve a money problem. If it did, millionaires and billionaires wouldn’t go bankrupt.”
In today’s episode, Lynn shares more of her personal money story and how it’s gotten her to where she is now. We’re also talking about her new book, Dynasty: A Guide to Building and Creating Generational Wealth, and how she’s working harder than ever to help others face their money issues and achieve personal, professional and spiritual harmony.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Creating Dynasty Takeaways
- Trading time for money doesn’t work. – Lynn Richardson
- You can have peace during the storm when you honor the laws of order. – Lynn Richardson
- People talk about the enemy, but it’s usually the inner-me, and if we can get the inner-me in check, we can keep the enemy off of our backs. – Lynn Richardson
- If you have a dream, you have to speak what you seek until you see what you say. – Lynn Richardson
- I can’t coach and coddle. – Patrice Washington
- God said, “You only want to serve how you want to serve, which means you’re not serving.” – Lynn Richardson
- Needing nothing is when you actually attract everything. – Lynn Richardson
- Everybody knows how to spend less money when they have none. That’s not the challenge. The challenge is to have money and learn not to spend it. – Lynn Richardson
- If you can’t show your child your bank statement, then it’s out of order. – Lynn Richardson
- If you have more money than you can handle, it no longer has the power that you think. – Lynn Richardson
- Energy is like money in the bank, once you spend it, it’s gone. – Lynn Richardson
When it comes to money, where are your pitfalls? What can you do better? Could you save more and spend less? Could you charge more for your time? Could you build assets that make money without you having to give up your time and energy?
Let us know in the comments below how you plan to improve your money situation. And remember, if you want to get your money straight, you’ve got to forget what people think – this is about YOU and your money.
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Lynn’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Peace. Joy. Harmony. I’m not necessarily looking for people to become wealthy, I’m looking for them to have harmony, which means that everything is working together for their good.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Loving and truthful giving.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Lynn Richardson and the truth about wealth is that it’s yours for the taking.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth