Dr. George Fraser: Connecting the Dots
Have you ever heard the phrase, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with,” or “The quickest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already where you want to be?” These phrases are fairly common in the business world, especially when you get into networking and learning how to build a network.
Today, Dr. George Fraser, author, entrepreneur and speaker talks about how to improve your network (and why you should), the importance of building wealth and leaving a legacy and the need for an economic shift in African culture.
Dr. Fraser has written several critically-acclaimed books: Success Runs in Our Race: The Complete Guide to Effective Networking in the African American Community, Race for Success: The Ten Best Business Opportunities for Blacks In America and Click: Ten Truths for Building Extraordinary Relationships.
He is also the founder of the annual PowerNetworking Conference, and founder and CEO of FraserNet, Inc., a global leadership network of 91,000 Black professionals, business owners and community leaders.
Join us as we cover everything from business basics to global economics, and be prepared because Dr. Fraser holds nothing back.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Dr. George Fraser Takeaways
- If you want to change your life, change your relationships. – Dr. Fraser
- Don’t spend major time with minor people. People who are going nowhere want you to go nowhere with them. – Dr. Fraser
- If you are not where you want to be in life, it’s because you don’t have the right people in your life. – Dr. Fraser
- It doesn’t matter how smart you are; whatever you’re going to get done in life, you’re going to get done with and through other people. – Dr. Fraser
- I’d rather carry a plastic bag with $5,000 in it than carry a $5,000 Louis Vuitton bag with a $100 in it. – Dr. Fraser
- If you’re driving a Land Rover, but you still have a landlord, you’re ignorant. – Dr. Fraser
- “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s child.” – Proverbs [13:22]
Who are the five people you spend the most time with? Are they helping you grow and develop as a person, thinker, provider and business owner, or is it time to find a new tribe? Join thousands of the world’s best and brightest black leaders and learn how to build a network and legacy you’re proud of and use the code DAMNGOODDEAL at https://www.powernetworkingconference.com/ .
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Dr. Fraser’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“The successful achievement of a worthwhile goal.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Values, cash, ideas.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Dr. George Fraser and the truth about wealth is that it’s easier to attain than expected.”
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth