Sharon Beason: Entrepreneurship Ain’t for Everyone
Being a successful entrepreneur is all about having the right mindset. It’s not easy to find your way there, especially because many people in your life have likely been programming you to have the opposite mindset all your life.
Sometimes there are things you really need to hear in order to be successful, but it’s not necessarily what you want to hear. That’s what this episode is all about.
Be ready, because we are going to get real on this episode. It isn’t pretty – but it’s the truth. I want to warn you, there’s a bit of cursing in this episode, but I don’t want that to get in the way of the bigger picture.
And if you’re the kind of person who can’t handle profanity, maybe you should skip this one. I won’t be offended. But make note of this episode, because it may be just what you need to hear one day.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, I am bringing you a social media powerhouse and someone who should be in the back pocket of every emerging woman entrepreneur. Her tell it like it is social media personality always keeps me in check and I see so much truth passing through her feed all the time that I had to bring it to you.
Her name is Sharon Beason and you can find her @Womeneur on Instagram. She’s a serial entrepreneur, national speaker, educator and holistic business strategist. She’s been referred to as ‘a beast’ for her work flow, a ‘phenomenal leader’ for her community building and ‘super knowledgeable’ for her business consulting which propels business women forward. Sharon is known for ‘telling the hard stuff that you don’t want to hear, but that you need to hear’ and she fuses her no-nonsense, in-your-face and personable style to connect with her audience.
Sharon knows what it takes to grow a global, engaging audience and has helped hundreds of female entrepreneurs define, create, launch and grow their brand strategically and successfully.
Download this episode and learn exactly what it takes to be an entrepreneur, and where your mindset needs to be if you want to succeed.“Entrepreneurs can’t afford to fail at customer service.” Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- People need to educate themselves.
- Entrepreneurship is a lot of hard work.
- Social media is not something you should be comparing yourself to.
- If you want to be big, look at companies that are killing it.
- Worry about your behind the scenes as much as how your social media looks.
- Too many people are failing at customer service.
- Nice people aren’t always a great fit to work with.
- It’s easier to retain a client than it is to go find a new client.
- Engage with your followers.
- If you want to get something from someone, you have to give first.
- Don’t work on one task all day long.
- Assign times to check your phone or email.
- You must respect the process
- Be mindful of what you consume.
- Surround yourself with the right people.
Sharon’s Book: Entrepreneur’s Startup Guide