Tanisha Lyons-Porter: Functional Over Fictional
Where do you rank on the organized-disorganized spectrum? Many of us rank somewhere in the middle – not completely disorganized, but not 100% organized either. That’s why so many people set New Year’s resolutions to declutter their home.
But at Redefining Wealth, we’re not about resolutions, we’re about results, and that’s why I’ve invited Tanisha Lyons Porter to join us today. Tanisha is a professional organizer and has been organizing spaces since she was a child. In addition to working one-on-one with clients, Tanisha teaches several organizing workshops across Southern California, and her signature event – Sort n Sip with Tanisha Porter – is a hands-on organizing workshop that erases the dread of decluttering with food, fun and socializing.
So, if you’re trying to declutter this new year but you’re overwhelmed, this is an episode you don’t want to miss. Inside, we’re covering everything from practical steps for decluttering and making it a consistent habit to what the difference is between organizing a space versus cleaning a space.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded people from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Natural Born Organizer Takeaways
- Clutter is the physical manifestation of chaos in your mind. – Patrice Washington
- Organization is not about perfection, it’s about finding systems and methods that line up with how you and your family operate. – Tanisha Lyons Porter
- Being organized is about being able to find what you need, when you need it – it’s not about being Pinterest perfect. – Tanisha Lyons Porter
- The average American spends 76 hours a year looking for things they already own but can never find. – Patrice Washington
- When it comes to getting rid of clutter, create a consistent routine rather than an organizing event or marathon. – Tanisha Lyons Porter
- Keeping clothes in your closet that don’t fit is like keeping mean girlfriends around because you don’t like to be alone. – Tanisha Lyons Porter
Do you have any decluttering tips of your own? Share them with us!
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Tanisha’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Freedom of choice, freedom of movement, freedom in our minds.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Freedom in choice.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Tanisha Lyons Porter and the truth about wealth is that it is attainable for all.”
Tanisha’s Course on Decluttering: patricewashington.com/simplify
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth