Tonya Rapley: Will Your Legacy Last?
When you leave this earth, what will people see as your legacy?
The things we do today will determine how the next generation operates in the future. Showing up authentically, operating in alignment with our purpose, and creating resources that serve and elevate others will give us the opportunity to make a difference and have an impact.
We are called to create and leave a legacy, but how we do it will vary based on our gifts and talents. How can you show up today, so that a piece of you remains for all to see?
Today’s guest is an internationally recognized speaker, financial educator, best-selling author, and serial entrepreneur based in Atlanta.
Tonya Rapley is the founder of the award-winning site, My Fab Finance, where her mission is to help people make financial decisions they are proud of so that they can create lives they love. Furthering her commitment to holistic wellness, she recently purchased Club Loofah, an inclusive self-care brand focused on inspiring and supporting regenerative practices for all.
In this episode, Tonya explains how we can all leave a lasting legacy by “recreating the tribe”, finding peace and balancing business, well-being and personal finance.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- The Journey To Personal Finance – [5:40]
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome – [11:15]
- Scaling An Ecommerce Business – [17:00]
- Incorporate Your Well-Being – [20:12]
- Recreate The Tribe – [23:38]
- Going From Broke – [30:25]
Connect With Tonya:
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Will Your Legacy Last Takeaways
- “Pay your bills on time because you don’t want bad credit.” – Tonya Rapley
- “I did what I felt needed to be done for me until I was ready to address the wounds in that relationship.” – Tonya Rapley
- “If you own your truth, no one else can use it against you.” – Tonya Rapley
- “If you can’t be transparent and honest, then you’re acting.” – Tonya Rapley
- “Purpose doesn’t require perfection.” – Patrice Washington
- “It’s important to have friends who understand your life and what you’re navigating.” – Tonya Rapley
- “People who are not in it will not understand it.” – Tonya Rapley
- “I’ve learned not to feel guilty for having support.” – Tonya Rapley
- “At the end of the day, the body keeps score and it is up to me to make sure my body is operating optimally and that means taking space and leaning on people when I need it.” – Tonya Rapley
- “I like to invest in my peace, in my convenience and in my support.” – Patrice Washington
- “Buy back your time.” – Tonya Rapley
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Tonya’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Freedom in alignment with my core values.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Health. Choice. Abundance”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Magic Of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Tonya Rapley and to me the truth about wealth is, it is attainable.”
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Join Purpose To Platform: http://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://patricewashington.com/podcastads
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth