Season of Surprises: A Recap of 2020
It comes as no surprise that 2020 has been a year of unusual and unexpected surprises. In March of 2020, our lives changed forever because what started as a two week call to quarantine turned into a worldwide pandemic.
From the millions of Americans who lost their jobs, to the millions who gathered in solidarity to address racial and social injustices, 2020 also challenged our health with Covid-19 and led to the isolation and financial downfall of so many families. This year brought surprises that none of us were prepared for, but even in the midst of a season of surprises, we still have a responsibility to show up for ourselves, for the people we’re called to serve, and for our purpose.
In any season, we need to have a strong foundation in order to build and sustain the wealth that we desire. Pandemic aside, our purpose is not postponed. We are each called to do something and our calling doesn’t quit because of unexpected events. We have to be ready to rise to the occasion at every moment and 2020 was proof that greatness requires resistance. When faced with resistance we develop the tenacity to persevere, to work harder, to think outside of the box, to help each other, and to grow into the purpose chaser we are created to be.
When I look back over this year, I’m surprised not just by Covid-19 or social unrest, I am surprised by who I have become in the process. I am surprised by the deeper level of clarity I have gained, how I unintentionally figured out who I wanted to serve, and how I’ve come to understand what I do and do not want for my life.
As we wrap up this year and move into 2021, I want you reflect on these 3 questions:
- What did 2020 come to teach you?
- What did 2020 come to show you?
- What did 2020 come to share with you?
Allow your answers to these questions to teach you a lesson and try turning your surprises into strengths. It’s time to ascend to new levels in 2021. Get ready, remain in alignment, seek wisdom, chase purpose and join me in the new year as we continue to redefine wealth.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Season Of Surprises Takeaways
- “Purpose is not postponed.” – Patrice Washington
- “Even waiting is an action word.” – Patrice Washington
- Through obedience, I felt prepared to walk in purpose even in the midst of a pandemic.” – Patrice Washington
- “Magic has to transfer across modalities.” – Patrice Washington
- “An audience of one is still an audience.” – Patrice Washington
- “I have built my life and career around helping just one.” – Patrice Washington
- “The idea of living in obedience has led me on a path to speak my truth.” – Patrice Washington
- “What makes me feel good is being in deeper community with fewer people.” – Patrice Washington
- “Chase Purpose, not money.” – Patrice Washington
- “I don’t know what this year holds and I don’t know what this decade holds, but I know who holds me.” – Patrice Washington
- “Greatness requires us to expect resistance.” – Patrice Washington
- “Purpose is never postponed no matter what the season brings.” – Patrice Washington
- “When in doubt, when afraid, when uncertain, when unclear, when flawed, and when surprised and shocked by everything else around, show up, tell the truth, share the story, and be okay with admitting you don’t know what you don’t know.” – Patrice Washington
- “I pray for your peace, I pray for your clarity, I pray for your fulfillment, and I pray for your purpose.” – Patrice Washington
- “The things that happened didn’t happen to you, they happened for you.” – Patrice Washington
- “Fight for your gratitude. We all have so much to be grateful for.” – Patrice Washington
Mentioned In This Episode:
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth