Alexandra Elle: After The Rain
How many times have you allowed validation from others to determine your self-worth? How many times have your decisions been based on what someone else thought was best for you?
I’ve met so many Purpose Chasers who have accepted the choices and opinions of others as validation regarding how they live their lives. Placing limiting beliefs on themselves and refusing to claim their power, I’ve watched purpose driven women use fear from past hurts to prevent them from walking into what they’re truly purposed to do.
It’s time to detach our identity from others and discover our own self-worth. It’s also time to learn how to heal from within and lean into the power that you are your own validation. Today’s guest is here to show us how to heal, after the rain.
Alexandra Elle is an author and wellness consultant who found healing through journaling. She teaches workshops and retreats that assist others in finding their voices through storytelling, poetry, and narrative writing rooted in truth without shame.
In her new book, After the rain, Alexandra releases a moving collection of essays that help to rebuild self-worth by tearing down limiting beliefs, dispelling imposter syndrome, and removing toxic relationships.
Writing multiple books and journals, most recently After the Rain, Neon Soul, and Today I Affirm: A Journal That Nurtures Self-Care, Alexandra Elle is on a mission to build community & self-care practices through literature & language. She is currently an author at Chronicle Books and the host of the “hey, girl.” podcast.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Change: The Journey To Self-Discovery – [6:54]
- Creating Space For Motherhood – [14:05]
- Mending Parental Relationships – [19:12]
- Time: Lessons Learned From Absent Fathers – [24:52]
- Validation: Lessons Learned From Situationships – [30:28]
- Love: Learning How To Let Others Love You – [36:55]
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
After The Rain Takeaways
- “I’m either going to fly or I’m going to fail, but I’m not going to not try.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Trust yourself and prepare for greatness.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Many of us have to be pushed into purpose.” – Patrice Washington
- “Your life is valuable and you are important.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Our children are supposed to be better than us.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Be gracious to what people have the capacity to do and what they can’t.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Your life is only going to grow to the extent that you’re willing to heal.” – Patrice Washington
- “Time has given me the space to outgrow my old self.” – Alexandra Elle
- “I’m starting to understand that I can be angry without letting anger stunt my growth.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Self-worth is something that truly has to come from within.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Holding onto what could have been doesn’t change what was.” – Alexandra Elle
- “You have always been looking for people to validate your existence instead of leaning into the power that you are your own validation.” – Alexandra Elle
- “At some point nice enough has to stop being good enough.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Yes you can love yourself and let other people love you.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Creativity is a form of emotional currency.” – Alexandra Elle
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Alex’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“I define success by feeling fulfilled in my heart and in my life’s work. Not by money, not by tangible things, but the feeling that I get showing up in my work, my motherhood, and my partnership.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Emotional-independence. Self-care as community care. Deciding to choose myself as a priority everyday.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Artist’s Way – Julia Cameron
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Alex and to me the truth about wealth is it all starts with you.”
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth