Rachel Rodgers: We Should All Be Millionaires
Have you become accustomed to old mindsets, limiting beliefs and poor behaviors that no longer serve who you are today? Have you become content making “just enough” to get by?
If you know that you are the person who has achieved a certain level of success, yet you find yourself making decisions from who you actually are today and what you’ve achieved, then We Should All Be Millionaires is the book for you. As we bring our Thoughtful Money Series to a close, I felt that this book is the perfect resource to help you shift into a millionaire mindset and work toward building generational wealth.
Author and Founder of We Should All Be Millionaires: The Club, Rachel Rodgers started her career working on The Hill with nonprofits, federal judges, and Hillary Clinton. Constantly faced with discrimination regarding her race and sex, Rachel recognized the significant wealth gap within black and brown communities and realized that changing the world is easier when you have some cash in your bank account. By shifting her mindset and capacity to hold abundance and wealth, Rachel decided to stop making “just enough” and built a million dollar business that could help others do the same.
Rachel is a woman of color, a mother of four and a seven-figure business owner – in that order. She is the Creator of the Hello Seven Podcast and is known for using her voice to share with the world that We Should All Be Millionaires.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Own Your Truth: The Video That Went Viral – [5:39]
- We Should All Be Millionaires – [8:40]
- When You See My Face, You See Your Face – [14:27]
- Rachel’s Journey With Money – [18:19]
- Pushing Yourself To The Brink – [30:02]
- From Broke Thoughts To Million Dollar Thoughts – [38:07]
- The Formula For Million Dollar Decisions – [51:58]
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
We Should All Be Millionaires Takeaways
- “Building wealth is economical and political.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “It’s not just about the money, it’s about what the money can do for our communities.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “The more money I’ve made the less I’ve cared about purchasing things that don’t serve my heart cause.” – Patrice Washington
- “When you see my face, you can see your face.” – Patrice Washington
- “We believe that when there’s a standard and we clearly don’t fit that standard, we think we can’t do it.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “Wealth is a journey, it’s not going to happen overnight” – Rachel Rodgers
- “I was willing to take the long road so that I wouldn’t have to struggle, my children wouldn’t have to struggle and my parents wouldn’t have to struggle.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “Our results aren’t going to change until our thoughts do.” – Patrice Washington
- “If I can’t pay for it, I will negotiate for it.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “My mother can make a dollar out of 15 cents.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “My idea of a heroine is someone who can make something happen out of nothing.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “I put myself last always and that’s what led to burnout.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “I always see everything for myself as basic, broke, the bare minimum and just getting by.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “Start taking action to tell a different story.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “Make money a game to recondition your brain – Patrice Washington
- “Wealth is the condition of wellbeing.” – Patrice Washington
- “Decide that you are worthy and invest in your dreams. – Rachel Rodgers
- “Create a new habit of talking to yourself in a different way.” – Rachel Rodgers
- “Surround yourself with other people who are committed to their own self growth, personal development and wealth building.” – Rachel Rodgers
- You can curate the squad you desire – Patrice Washington
- Making “Million Dollar Decisions” are ones that bring you more. A “Broke Ass Decision” is one that takes options away. – Rachel Rodgers
- “Millionaire Dollar Decisions sometimes in the moment will cost you, but then they give you so much more in the end. Whereas, Broke Ass Decisions might seem like you’ll save so much money, but you lose a lot as well.” – Rachel Rodgers
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Rachel’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Time. Joy. Health.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
On Her Own Ground: The Life and Times of Madam C.J. Walker – A’Lelia Bundles
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Rachel Rodgers and to me the truth about wealth is that it needs to be blacker.”
Join Purpose To Platform: http://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth