Patrice Buckner Jackson: Beyond The Burnout
Do you know your value?
The best way to provide value to others is to value yourself. You can’t worry about other people, your work, or your tasks until we start with yourself; and you have to know your values, your energy, your motivations, your purpose, your priorities and your sacrifices in order to serve others and disrupt cycles of burnout.
In today’s episode, we will be highlighting another amazing woman who graduated from my signature program, Purpose To Platform.
Dr. Patrice Buckner Jackson, lovingly called Dr. PBJ by her community, is an educator for over 20 years, an executive coach for more than 10 years, and a transformational speaker. She is the creator and host of the Heart Work with PBJ podcast where her mission is to disrupt cycles of burnout for people who do their work from the heart. Dr. PBJ believes she is called to serve “Heart Workers” who struggle through overwhelm, burnout, and compassion fatigue. She empowers her community to do the work they are called to do without sacrificing everything that means most to them.
In this episode, Dr. PBJ explains how she experienced health issues, marital problems, physical fatigue and failed relationships as a result of burnout. She shares the story of how she quit her 6-figure job with no other income, went home and found value in being herself.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Disrupting Cycles Of Burnout [8:27]
- Compassion Fatigue – [11:50]
- Separate Yourself From The Need To Be Needed – [16:10]
- Recovering From Burnout – [22:44]
- Finding Confidence – [27:09]
- Recognize your “Tell” – [31:25]
- Results of P2P – [42:43]
- Don’t Stay In Pain – [48:56]
Connect With Patrice
This episode is brought to you by my 5-day challenge, Committed To The Call.
Are you a coach, consultant, author, speaker or a service based entrepreneur of any kind? Are you sick of being interested and ready to be committed to getting the answers you need to live the life you’ve been longing for? GET unstuck and join me for my FREE 5-day challenge, COMMITTED to the CALL, where I’ll show you how to stop fighting for a seat at the table and teach you the mindset and tools you need to build your own table. We start August 9th, and you need to be there. To Register and learn more, visit http://PatriceWashington.com/challenge.
Beyond The Burnout Takeaways
- “I taught everybody that I could be all things to all people and they believed me.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “Compassion fatigue is when we have given out so much to other people that we are now taking on the consequences of their life circumstances.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “Even if I don’t show up, the world keeps going.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “It’s less about people needing me and more about my need to be needed.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “To help people you have to stop helping. “ – Patrice Washington
- “It’s not about me, it’s about the results.” – Patrice Washington
- “Trust the process, don’t perform.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “I spent so many years trying to fit into someone else’s box.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “People don’t know what they want, so they’ll drive you crazy trying to be other people’s versions of you.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “I couldn’t serve anybody before P2P because I didn’t know what I had to give.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “Sometimes the good gets in the way of the great.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “Your voice is the main vehicle for your gift.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “Burnout will always come for what means most to you.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
- “Greatness requires resistance.” – Patrice Washington
- “We continue to pray for what was already delivered.” – Patrice Buckner Jackson
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Patrice’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“More Than Enough.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women by Kim Kiyosaki
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Dr. Patrice Buckner Jackson and to me the truth about wealth is everything that I need is already given to me.
Join Purpose To Platform: http://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth