Nedra Tawwab: Contentment Even In Uncertainty
How do you set and keep boundaries in the midst of COVID-19? How do you practice contentment and gratitude during a global pandemic? And how do you stay productive when you’re stuck at home?
Today’s guest, Nedra Tawwab – therapist, content creator and owner of Kaleidoscope Counseling – has the answers to all of these questions and more.
Known as a boundaries expert and featured in The New York Times, The Guardian, Psychology Today, Self and Vice, Nedra teaches her clients and Instagram followers the importance of boundaries and how to implement them.
For a lot of people setting boundaries and being assertive about them is difficult, even more so during a global pandemic – and that’s why Nedra is here.
In today’s episode, Nedra’s going to walk us through the importance of boundaries and how to maintain or set new boundaries as we move into this new normal. Join us as we cover everything from contentment and gratitude to productivity and boundaries.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Boundaries Expert Takeaways
- Whatever needs to be kept a secret, probably needs to be told to a therapist. – Nedra Tawwab
- If our basic needs are met, we have to be okay with that right now and be grateful to be alive. – Nedra Tawwab
- Have a moment of gratitude at some point in the day. – Patrice Washington
- Being busy is not an accurate measure of worth. – Nedra Tawwab
- The climate has changed, but my boundaries have not. – Nedra Tawwab
- When it comes to boundaries, it’s about you sticking to them, not making others stop doing something. – Nedra Tawwab
- No one has ever calmed down from being told to calm down. – Nedra Tawwab
- Don’t problem-compare because oftentimes you don’t know what it’s like for the other person. – Nedra Tawwab
- You cannot transform people who have a BUT spirit. – Nedra Tawwab
Have you allowed quarantine to shift your boundaries or are you holding true to them? Are you finding it difficult to practice contentment and gratitude when there’s so much uncertainty around?
Let us know in the comments below what you’re experiencing in this new normal and what shifts you’re making to make the transition easier.
Find Nedra here: https://www.nedratawwab.com/
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Nedra’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Success is ever-evolving and different for everybody, but for me, right now, it’s about waking up and having time to read, journal and move my body. It’s about putting nutritious meals into my body. It’s about spending time with my kids, and being able to do some work, too.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Lots of money.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Nedra and the truth about wealth is that it’s internal. When I think about wealth, I think about quality of life and having enough money to live the life I want – that’s what I mean by it’s internal.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth