Master The Margin
When was the last time you took inventory on how you genuinely feel? What isn’t working for you in this season or preventing you from who you say you want to become? It’s time we get to the root of what or who or where your peace is being robbed, and it can often be a result of how you master your personal margin.
Personal margin is the difference between your time and energy that results in peace.
Living in the midst of a pandemic has placed many of us in a negative space when it comes to personal margin simply because we didn’t establish a well-rounded perspective or view of how we could continue to move purposely through the world prior to change. Our routines consisted of bad habits that combined excuses, unused resources, and wasted time. We relied on one person or one activity to bring us peace, when we should have set time aside to do the things that bring us peace first.
What are the excuses you are allowing into your personal space that are contributing to you wasting time and energy and money that could be redirected toward your personal margin?
The six pillars of wealth contribute to how we are impacted by life’s events. When we take the time to focus on our space, faith, fit, work, people, and money pillars – we are able to achieve overall well-being, which we believe is the ultimate form of wealth.
In this episode, I want to share with you three ideas that I believe you can adopt today that will help you master the margin and reach a peace beyond understanding:
- Take Inventory – [07:57]
- Figure Out Where Resources Are Being Wasted- [16:45]
- Spread Your Opportunity For Impact.- [25:33]
We don’t just want to walk out of life with more experience or more money, we want to have peace as well. It’s time to become the master of your own life.
This episode is brought to you by my new book, Redefine Wealth for Yourself. We have compiled the greatest lessons and exercises that we’ve learned on the Redefining Wealth Podcast to bring you the ultimate guide to redefine wealth for yourself.
Want to stop chasing money, find fulfillment, and live your life’s purpose? Pre-order your copy of the book by visiting patricewashington.com/preorder/.
Master The Margin Takeaways
- “Revenue is what comes in, but revenue does not guarantee success ” – Patrice Washington
- “At the end of the day, if there is no margin, there is no business. You just have a very expensive hobby.” – Patrice Washington
- “If you’re going to be the CEO of your life then you’re going to have to make the decision to literally take action and do away with what’s not working.” – Patrice Washington
- “There is no point in taking inventory if you are not going to follow it up with action.” – Patrice Washington
- “Very few people are super creative when they’re dead tired.” – Patrice Washington
- “We have these unspoken expectations of people who can come in and help increase our margin, then we get them and waste the resources.” – Patrice Washington
- “Make sure you have multiple ways to express your gifts in the marketplace.” – Patrice Washington
- “We shouldn’t be so dependent on any single activity or any single person for our peace.” – Patrice Washington
- “If you don’t have other ways of tapping in to personal peace, as soon as something happens you’re going to tap out.” – Patrice Washington
- “No one else can come in and take care of me, the way I take care of me.” – Patrice Washington
- “Having a space that you feel is yours adds to your personal margin.” – Patrice Washington
- “If you say you believe in something, it is imperative that you make time to practice it.” – Patrice Washington
- “We all have influence. An audience of one is still an audience.” – Patrice Washington
- “You are the CEO of your life. Treat yourself like a business.” – Patrice Washington
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth