Love Looks Like Support
Have you ever noticed how many people use Valentine’s Day and the gifts they receive as an indicator for how much their spouse or significant other loves them?
They’ll post pictures of all their gifts on Facebook and Instagram and say things like, “Look at how much so-and-so loves me!” But is this love? I ask because I’m not so sure it is.
See, for many of those women, sure they’ll get the candy and flowers, but when it comes time for them to invest in themselves, their spouse or significant other will usually say, “We can’t afford it,” or worse “I don’t want you to.” And to me, that’s not love.
Love is about support, and on today’s episode, I’ve invited the husbands of three Purpose 2 Platform students to share how and why they support their wives, and how this support has made their marriages stronger.
Join us as we shift from conventional Valentine’s Day speak and zero-in on how love looks like when you’re supportive, not demonstrative.
This episode is brought to you by Purpose 2 Platform, a 20-week business accelerator and mentorship program that will get you clear on HOW to package your PURPOSE, communicate your PROMISE to your ideal audience, choose the best PLATFORM for your personality and lifestyle and create a PREMIUM offer.
Through this program, you’ll receive accountability and support in a dynamic community designed so you can finally make progress and be ready before you even need to pull that trigger on what’s no longer serving you.
Book a Breakthrough Call today at https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
When Love Looks Like Support Takeaways
- We typically think coaching is for sports, but really anyone who wants to achieve something should seek some type of coaching. – John Norris
- When you’ve a shared goal as a couple, you need to let each other explore different avenues of accomplishing that goal. – Dr. Jameson Mercier
- For a lot of people, business ideas come out of desperation and desperation cannot sustain a business. – Dr. Jameson Mercier
- When I was starting out, there were many times when I had to borrow Gerald’s faith, and for me, I’d much rather have that than flowers. – Patrice Washington
- You don’t mitigate the risks by NOT following your dreams – it’s still risky whether you do or don’t do it. – Dr. Jameson Mercier
- We’re on the same team. So if your spouse makes money, you make money, too. – Jamal Joyner
What does love look like to you? Is it roses and candy or is it the support of your spouse or significant other? I’ve met a lot of women who want to take their lives and careers to the next level, but don’t have the support they need from their spouse to get there.
If that’s where you are, follow Dr. Jameson Mercier’s advice. Be honest and speak to your spouse about what you need. And, of course, Happy Valentine’s Day.
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth