I believe that when you are unfulfilled in the thing that you do everyday, it has a detrimental impact on your finances. One of my goals this quarter is to help you establish clarity around your purpose so that you can focus on what’s next and truly build wealth.
When I was introduced to our guest this week, I knew that she would be the catalyst that you needed to hear from to drive you toward building fulfillment in your career.
Lisa Lewis Miller is a career change expert, author, and the founder of Career Clarity, a company helping individuals step into the careers they’ve been dreaming of. Lisa’s work has been featured in Business Insider, US News and World Report, Fast Company, Refinery29 and more, and received her coaching certification as one of only 7 people in the world trained in the Pivot Method.
Lisa is also the host of the Career Clarity Show where she shares amazing tips every week to help you create a framework for career clarity and financial peace.
Sometimes you have the right gift in the wrong industry. Lisa is here to help you pivot and utilize your gifts in the career of your dreams.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Finding Clarity & Purpose In Your Career – 6:50
- How To Know That You’re Unhappy – 09:33
- Facing The Things That Make You Doubt Your Gifts – 12:58
- The 4 Core Drivers Of Fulfillment – 14:06 (continued – 26:00)
- How Gratitude Shaming Leads To Settling – 20:30
- How To Determine Your Worth Vs Your Market Value – 22:08
- Finding Comfort in Saying No – 31:24
- Advice For Multi-Passionate Purpose Chasers – 35:08
This episode is brought to you by my new book, Redefine Wealth for Yourself. We have compiled the greatest lessons and exercises that we’ve learned on the Redefining Wealth Podcast to bring you the ultimate guide to redefine wealth for yourself.
Want to stop chasing money, find fulfillment, and live your life’s purpose? Pre-order your copy of the book by visiting patricewashington.com/preorder/.
The 4 Pillars of Career Fulfillment Takeaways
- “If you don’t listen to that feeling of tension burning inside of you, it can sometimes be easy to miss that you’re even unhappy.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
- “Sometimes you have the right gift in the wrong industry.” – Patrice Washington
- “We can not be in the business of weaponizing gratitude against ourselves.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
- “You are a child of God. You are priceless. You can’t put a dollar value on your worth.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
- “You don’t get hit by the luck truck unless you’re standing in the middle of the road.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
- “Your market worth will never have any impact or your enoughness or your worth as a human.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
- “A lot of people know what they don’t like, but they don’t have clarity around what they do like and what they want.” – Patrice Washington
- “I can take less money if it’s going to be in alignment with who I am and how I want to show up.” – Patrice Washington
- “You can’t miss your own boat. Your boat does not leave without you.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
- “If you say no, it does not mean the opportunity won’t present itself back to you or become something that you yourself will create in the future.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
- “If you feel like you can exhale, that’s wealth.” – Lisa Lewis Miller
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Lisa’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“I define success as feeling the way you want to feel in your day.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Autonomy. Comfort. Satisfaction”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom – by Tony Robbins
Also mentioned in this episode: How to Be Everything: A Guide for Those Who (Still) Don’t Know What They Want to Be When They Grow Up – by Emilie Wapnick
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Lisa Lewis Miller and to me the truth about wealth is that it is more of a mindset than a bank account number.”
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at [email protected].
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth