Latoya Mathews: It’s Time to Get Free
As we continue our Let It Go Series, one thing I’ve learned about letting go is that there is freedom, beauty, impact and opportunity on the other side of letting go of shame, guilt, past hurts, and past wounds.
Today’s guest is not only a former student in my signature program, Command the Stage, but she is a powerhouse who specializes in teaching brave women how to heal past wounds and embrace a life of freedom.
Latoya Mathews is an Inner Healing Coach, author & transformational speaker. After years of dealing with the shame and guilt of life after trauma, Latoya was given a crown of beauty instead of ashes and she transcends a message of love and empowerment.
Latoya speaks with grace, which is the glue among the 5 pillars of freedom within her program: The Free Woman. In addition to group coaching, she also creates safe spaces for women to heal through her two-day transformational retreat, Woman, You Are Free and wherever she graces the stage to speak. Her ultimate mission is seeing more GEMs, an acronym that means God’s Extraordinary Masterpiece, which is what she calls the women in her community as she helps them reclaim their joy and experience the true freedom they deserve.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- The Freedom To Tell Your Story – [5:55]
- Finding The Remedy To Freedom – [14:51]
- The Physical Manifestation Of Misery – [19:25]
- Processing Through The Lens Of Pain – [24:02]
- How To Heal From The Past – [27:05]
- Find The Lesson – [35:53]
- Use Your Testimony To Help Others – [39:22]
This episode is brought to you by my new book, Redefine Wealth For Yourself: How To Stop Chasing Money and Finally Live Your Life’s Purpose.
Through stories, principles, and practical exercises based on the Six Pillars of Wealth, this book serves as a guide to take you step by step through the process of creating a life of peace, purpose, and prosperity. If you’re tired of chasing money and ready to pursue your purpose, this holistic guide to wealth is for you. Purchase your copy today at RedefineWealthForYourself.com
It’s Time to Get Free Takeaways
- “What a loss it would be if you were not free to tell your story.” – Patrice Washington
- “Every night I prayed for God to forgive me.” – Latoya Mathews
- “How can we say that we believe God is a forgiving God, but then have these things that we don’t believe are forgivable?” – Patrice Washington
- “We carry around heavy stuff for so long, we don’t know how to be free from it.” – Latoya Mathews
- “I was still living off of borrowed faith.” – Patrice Washington
- “If you’re unfulfilled in life, it will show up in your finances.” – Patrice Washington
- “God isn’t going to give me anything that doesn’t belong to me.” – Latoya Mathews
- “How can I take care of one, when I’ve given up one.” – Latoya Mathews
- “Freedom is going to cost you something.” – Latoya Mathews
- “When I didn’t have the recognition or achievements, I felt like I couldn’t be good enough for God.” – Patrice Washington
- “Events that were traumatic left me with no choice but to get deeper in my faith.” – Patrice Washington
- “The traumatic experiences we have are an invitation for us to grow intimate with God.” Latoya Mathews
- “Everything happened for a reason, to get me to the point of where I am now.” – Latoya Mathews
- “If you don’t show them God’s love then who will?” – Latoya Mathews
- “In spite of our flaws and failures, we can still be used to be a blessing to others.” – Patrice Washington
- “You can’t tell me anything about myself that I haven’t already thought about me.” Latoya Mathews
- “If you’re going to continue to hold onto your story, then you’re holding someone up.” – Latoya Mathews
- “I don’t only want to leave a legacy, I want to live a legacy.” – Patrice Washington
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Latoya’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Success is waking up in the morning and doing what’s being asked of me; my assignment.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Jesus. Peace. Freedom.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Latoya and the truth about wealth is it’s available to you if you choose it.”
Join The Free Woman Program: https://www.latoyamathews.com/thefreewoman
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth