Jordan Raynor: Master of One
Have you ever wondered, “How do I find my purpose? How do I narrow down the things I’m good at and find the one thing that’s my true gift?” At Redefining Wealth, we’re all about chasing purpose, not money. In fact it’s our tagline.
But struggling to find your purpose is indeed a major problem for most people, and when you don’t know what your purpose is, you end up going in a bunch of different directions and never fully committing to any of them.
In today’s episode, I invited Jordan Raynor, author of Master of One, to share his story and what he’s learned about the process of narrowing down multiple passions to focus on true mastery and how excellence comes from that initial step of finding and cultivating your purpose.
As we dive in, Jordan talks about how he was always the “Jack of all trades, and master of none,” and how he had to shift his thinking so he didn’t end up living in mediocrity – in the “master of none” space. Join us as we discuss how to find your purpose, how to pivot your purpose as needed and how to embrace excellence and mastery in the thing that you’ve chosen.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Master of One Takeaways
- Embrace being a “Jack or Jill of all trades,” BUT become a master of one. – Jordan Raynor
- To become truly masterful, you need to develop a lifelong discipline of continually raising the bar and getting better at your craft. – Jordan Raynor
- Passion is a side effect of mastery. – Jordan Raynor
- Plan on putting in 10,000 hours of purposeful practice to get world-class at anything. – Jordan Raynor
- You can do a million things one time and be upset by the results, or you can choose to do fewer things a million times and master them. – Patrice Washington
- Most people make a millimeter of progress in a million different directions – that’s not mastery. – Jordan Raynor
- Purpose evolves and requires you to take everything you’ve learned and use it to serve and support you in the next season. – Patrice Washington
- You cannot do your most excellent work if you’re scattered and unfocused. – Jordan Raynor
Are you a “Jack or Jill of all trades and master of none?” Are you struggling to find work you can do exceptionally well? Are you getting caught up in the discipline and practice of mastery? Wherever you are, Master of One can help. Grab your copy of Master of One HERE.
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Jordan’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Being excellent at all of the things that I’m committed to.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Jordan Raynor and the truth about wealth is that I did not generate it. Wealth and honor come from God alone and I’m just a steward of it.”
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth