Jabrita Shelton: I Won’t Apologize for Purpose
Have you truly healed from past trauma?
Any trauma that we experience in life is attached to both our mental health and our physical health. Whether personal, family related, physical, sexual, or childhood trauma, we tend to internalize and carry trauma in our body years before triggers are ever revealed.
So many of us are called to do great things, but trauma and fear of judgement stops us from pursuing purpose or even stepping out in faith. We have the power to walk ourselves through healing, but first we have to let go of the madness that keeps our minds imprisoned.
To close out an amazing week of highlighting previous clients from my signature program, Purpose To Platform, today’s guest has curated a method to end the madness of trauma and push people into true health and healing.
Jabrita Shelton is a wife, mother, Published Author, Speaker, and Transformational Coach with 10 years as a Trauma Informed Care Professional. From childhood trauma, to the mental break that drove her to a psych ward, Jabrita chose to finally let go of the weight attached to being the “strong black woman”.
After 14 years of intentional root work around healing and understanding her own personal journey, Jabrita has been able to transform what once was a daunting story into one so triumphant you’d have to see it to believe it. Jabrita Shelton is the CEO of Jabrita Shelton & Co. and the Chief Consultant of The Madness Method and Mind Your Madness Experience
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Finding Purpose To Platform – [7:46]
- Pruning, Purging & Pursuing Purpose – [14:09]
- Become Unrecognizable – [20:21]
- Dismantle Limiting Beliefs – [24:30]
- The Madness Method – [26:08]
- The Great Launch – [30:40]
- Manifest The Dream & Stand In Your Truth – [37:05]
- Navigating Trauma: Jabrita’s Story of Trauma – [43:47]
- Truth Leads To Transformation – [50:27]
Connect With Jabrita Shelton
This episode is brought to you by my 5-day challenge, Committed To The Call.
Are you a coach, consultant, author, speaker or a service based entrepreneur of any kind? Are you sick of being interested and ready to be committed to getting the answers you need to live the life you’ve been longing for? GET unstuck and join me for my FREE 5-day challenge, COMMITTED to the CALL, where I’ll show you how to stop fighting for a seat at the table and teach you the mindset and tools you need to build your own table. We start August 9th, and you need to be there. To Register and learn more, visit http://PatriceWashington.com/challenge.
I Won’t Apologize for Purpose Takeaways
- “It wasn’t about the money for me, but finding my purpose and being fulfilled.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “I wasn’t clear on what my purpose was until I got to P2P.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “As a coach, I can’t let you suck me into your limiting beliefs.” – Patrice Washington
- “You are appointed to this place for such a time as this.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “As much room as I thought I made for God, I really had not.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “Clutter is the physical manifestation of kaos in your mind.” – Patrice Washington
- “Your ability to receive is connected to your capacity to let go.” – Patrice Washington
- “You have to participate in your own rescue.” – Patrice Washington
- “Be who you know yourself to be.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “My history is not who I am.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “When you think about wealth but you have an impoverished mindset, your triggers will lead you to default to poverty.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “I could not believe that my pain turned into purpose.” Jabrita Shelton
- “I chose to believe that I’m blessed to be a blessing.” – Patrice Washington
- “My commitment to God and what he called me to do was greater than the disappointment of my family.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “Anything God gives you the momentum to do, he will sustain.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “I’m going to live in my truth, I’m going to stand in my power and I’m going to trust God while doing so.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “Trauma can prevent you from pursuing purpose.” – Patrice Washington
- “Remove the apprehension and take the risk on yourself.” – Jabrita Shelton
- “I won’t apologize for purpose.” – Jabrita Shelton
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Jabrita’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“I define success as being relentless in your pursuit to win.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Faith. Family. Fun”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Redefine Wealth For Yourself by Patrice Washington
Family Wealth: Keeping It In The Family by James E. Hughes Jr.
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Jabrita Shelton and to me the truth about wealth is it starts in the heart, it’s consumed in the spirit, and it’s manifested in consistent effort forward.”
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth