How I Learned to Love Myself
Have you ever struggled with loving yourself? I know I have. And since a Redefining Wealth community member recently asked me how I’ve learned to love myself, I figured it was probably a good topic to discuss, since it’s still an ongoing process for me.
For me, I grew up feeling very ugly. I compared myself to others in school, I felt I wasn’t as pretty as my cousins, and even at home, I grew up with too many people saying that I was ugly. So, in that respect, it wasn’t just a feeling, it was something I was told.
And because of that, I became addicted to achievement. My whole identity then became about being the best student with the highest grades, being the captain of the basketball and volleyball teams, and being class president – all fine things. But all were done from a place of trying to be loved, not from a place of purpose.
Since then, I’ve learned to love myself, but it’s something I have to continually practice every day. It is through evolving and learning new ways to embrace who we are and how we love ourselves that I’m able to love myself, and it’s the thing I want to share with you in today’s episode.
This episode is brought to you by Purpose 2 Platform, a 20-week business accelerator and mentorship program that will get you clear on HOW to package your PURPOSE, communicate your PROMISE to your ideal audience, choose the best PLATFORM for your personality and lifestyle and create a PREMIUM offer.
Through this program, you’ll receive accountability and support in a dynamic community designed so you can finally make progress and be ready before you need to pull that trigger on what’s no longer serving you.
Book a Breakthrough Call today at https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/.
How I Learned to Love Myself Takeaways
- I have the power to reject what does not serve me and receive what empowers me. – Patrice Washington
- You don’t have to pick a compliment apart or give a compliment back – just say thank you and receive it. – Patrice Washington
- Learning to love myself comes from getting up every day and choosing to chase your purpose. – Patrice Washington
- The more I see how my sloppy progress is a blessing to others, the more I fall in love with myself. – Patrice Washington
- Loving myself has nothing to do with achievement – it has to do with fulfillment. – Patrice Washington
- I don’t need anyone to tell me how to be me. – Patrice Washington
- God was not practicing when he created the masterpiece that is Patrice. – Patrice Washington
- Every day that I wake up with breath in my body is another opportunity to do my best to get it right. – Patrice Washington
Are you struggling to love yourself? Are you struggling to find your purpose, or rather, to follow it? Are there topics or questions you’d like me to cover on Redefining Wealth? Let me know where you need support, and I’ll do my best to cover it in an upcoming episode.
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth