Gurpreet Kaur: Remember to Say Thank You
Welcome to day four of our week-long celebration of National Entrepreneurship Day. While many of us try to take the journey alone, I can’t express the importance of community and support when stepping into entrepreneurship. Being an entrepreneur is 70% mental and 30% physical, and our thoughts, beliefs and state of mind play the most important role in building success and maintaining peace.
Both in life and in business, we all need support and someone whom we can be vulnerable with and bounce ideas off of. When we try to do it alone, we allow doubt and fear to step in and stop us from living our best life. Today’s guest spent years battling depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts, until gratitude became the focus that pushed her out of pain and into purpose.
Gurpreet Kaur is a Mindset Transformation Coach from Northern Ireland who is on a mission to help others feel happier, more confident and in control in a world that seems ever more chaotic and filled with fear.
Diagnosed with depression at 19, Gurpreet found herself riddled with sadness and guilt as the years went by. After meeting and marrying the love of her life, she soon realized that marriage didn’t magically do what she hoped it would. It didn’t erase the pain, fix the relationships or suddenly make her feel like she was good enough, pretty enough or worthy enough.
Fifteen years later, Gurpreet experienced a divine interruption that took her on a journey toward forgiveness and compassion for herself and others. Now an international speaker, Gurpreet is described as “inspirational and a life changing presence” by her clients. It is her purpose to ensure that anyone she ever comes in contact with knows that there is a power that is unlocked when one has faith and gratitude.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Speaking Opportunities Into Existence – [4:29]
- The Journey To Launch – [10:01]
- Salvation From Suicide & Depression – [13:25]
- From Purpose To Platform – [18:32]
- The Simpler Method & Minding The Gaps – [21:07]
- Preparation For Such A Time As This – [23:11]
- Fulfillment & Feedback – [26:43]
Connect With Gurpreet Kaur:
This episode is brought to you by Created For Purpose. This 5-day challenge is designed to help you get unstuck and transform your gift into a purposeful resource in the marketplace. Join us on December 7th and learn how to prevail online and thrive in turbulent times. To sign up visit patricewashington.com/challenge.
Remember to Say Thank You Takeaways
- “God sends you everything that you need the moment you need it.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “You can’t sell something that you’re not confident about.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “I couldn’t transform it into a business because I wasn’t able to think of it as a business.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “I was fighting to live a life that I didn’t want to live.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “Depression wasn’t going to take a holiday just because I had.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “When was the last time you said thank you?” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “God was with me the whole time.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “The moment I knew that I had the power to change me, that’s the day I knew my God given purpose.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “You’ve got everything you need within you to do whatever you want to do.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “I strongly believe that we speak our life into existence.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “Money wasn’t where I wanted to begin, because purpose is where I began in the first place.” – Gurpreet Kaur
- “Money is the natural byproduct, but what I’m more enamored with is fulfillment.” – Patrice Washington
- “There may be people that you never meet, but to know that you left an imprint in their life, that’s what it’s all about.” – Patrice Washington
- “The impact is beyond me, it’s beyond you, and it’s bigger than us.” – Gurpreet Kaur
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Gurpreet’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“I define success as being at peace and having pure faith.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Acting In Service”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
Also mentioned: Think & Grow Rich: A Black Choice by Dennis Kimbro
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Gurpreet Kaur and to me the truth about wealth is it’s an inside job.”
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth