Evelyn LeVasseur: No More Shrinking
There are so many national days of celebration, but I recently learned that November 17th is National Entrepreneurs Day. This day is centered around highlighting and celebrating entrepreneurship throughout the country and sharing the stories of those who took a leap of faith, endured the challenges and trials of building a business, and designed their ideal lifestyle.
The work pillar is all about living your life’s purpose and getting the clarity needed to execute successfully. My main focus is to help people earn more without feeling like they have to chase, and I’ve watched countless women transform their lives and others by becoming entrepreneurs. For this reason, I found it necessary to turn National Entrepreneurs Day into a week-long celebration.
This week you can expect exclusive bonus interviews with amazing women from the recent cohort of my signature program, Purpose 2 Platform. Sharing how they gained clarity and now live purposeful lives, this week’s guest wants every woman to know that she can want to change her body, and love it at the same time.
Evelyn LeVasseur is the owner of Evelyn LeVasseur Fitness, a company that focuses on helping busy, overwhelmed moms reach their body goals without dieting or deprivation. Evelyn knows that moms can be especially hard on themselves and expect perfection: in our homes, jobs, marriages, and of course our bodies.
Most importantly, Evelyn knows that moms want what’s absolutely best for their children, and having negative feelings about ourselves can lead our children to have negative feelings about themselves. So, Evelyn is sure to approach all things from the angle of knowing that our actions shape our children and the legacies of health that we leave them.
Evelyn is a certified Group and Personal Trainer, a Hormonal Fat Loss Coach, and has a B.A. in Psychology with a Masters in Education. She is dedicated to living her life to its greatest capacity and providing her daughters and all women the tools to live their greatest lives with strength, resilience, self-compassion, kindness, faith and health.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Getting Clarity: The Journey From Teacher To Entrepreneur – [05:56]
- Allow Yourself To Feel – [10:30]
- Uncovering Limiting Beliefs & Overcoming Imposter Syndrome – [14:14]
- The Power Of A Strong Community – [16:58]
- Evelyn’s Amazing Results From Purpose 2 Platform – [19:41]
- Lessons Your Daughter Learns From Watching You – [23:35]
- Advice To Get Unstuck & Move Forward – [25:25]
- Sisterhood Beyond Skin Color – [28:41]
This episode is brought to you by Created For Purpose. This 5-day challenge is designed to help you get unstuck and transform your gift into a purposeful resource in the marketplace. Join us on December 7th and learn how to prevail online and thrive in turbulent times. To sign up visit patricewashington.com/challenge.
No More Shrinking Takeaways
- “The body is actually the end result, the change happens inside first.” – Evelyn LeVasseur
- “If you can handle the mindset, the emotions, the triggers and the trauma, then naturally your body is going to get healthier because you feel better about yourself and you automatically make better choices.” – Evelyn LeVasseur
- “I always equated vulnerability with weakness. So I never let myself feel the things I needed to feel in order to heal the pain that I was in.” – Evelyn LeVasseur
- “You have to have a safe space to allow yourself to explore.” – Patrice Washington
- “When you get to the point where you feel comfortable and you’re okay with your story, judgement can’t hurt you because you make peace with it.” – Evelyn LeVasseur
- “We can’t raise strong women if we’re teaching them from when they’re little that they have to shrink themselves.” – Evelyn LeVasseur
- “Just post it because nobody is an expert their first time.” – Patrice Washington
- “Don’t let fear guide your decision making because you can fail and still get up.” – Evelyn LeVasseur
- “Race does not affect the way we love each other. It doesn’t and it never has.”
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Evelyn’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“I define success by waking up everyday and feeling loved and in love with the people I’m near.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Anything I Want.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Untamed – Glennon Doyle
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Evelyn LeVasseur and to me the truth about wealth is it’s available to anyone at any time.”
Connect With Evelyn LeVasseur:
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth