DeVon Franklin: It’s Time To Live Free
Have you ever achieved something and still felt disappointed? Are you addicted to achievement?
When we want more in life and feel like we’re constantly chasing or jumping from one thing to the next, it’s common to be met with disappointment from time to time. Achievement can become a drug that leads us to believe that we have to keep striving in order to be successful. It’s okay to grow and expand, however when we achieve something yet continuously find discontent or disappointment, then we have to take a step back and evaluate the life we want to live.
In his highly anticipated fifth book, LIVE FREE: Exceed Your Highest Expectations, Devon Franklin tackles how we can truly free ourselves from the cycle of disappointment and create a life that is free from expectations.
DeVon Franklin is an award-winning film producer, New York Times bestselling author, and motivational speaker. Known for his multiple bestselling books including THE TRUTH ABOUT MEN, THE SUCCESS COMMANDMENTS, THE WAIT (co-written with his wife, award-winning actress Meagan Good) and PRODUCED BY FAITH, DeVon is also the President and CEO of Franklin Entertainment, a dynamic multimedia entertainment company with a first-look film deal at Paramount Pictures, a second-look film deal at Netflix, and an overall deal at CBS TV Studios.
This book has resulted in so many revelations, downloads, and breakthroughs in my life and I’ve personally broken free from labels, titles, and everything stopping me from becoming who I know I’m purposed to be. We all have unset expectations that are making us miserable, and until we deal with them, there’s no way for us to ever live in the true peace and contentment designed for all of us to Live Free.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- The Expectation Revelation – [7:11]
- When Expectations Distort Perspective – [11:28]
- Live Free & Set Boundaries – [17:48]
- Don’t Do It For Culture – [22:05]
- When To Lean Into Living Free – [27:09]
- How To Live In Expectancy – [33:49]
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
It’s Time to Live Free Takeaways
- “God sees your faith, not through what you say alone, but by how you live.” – DeVon Franklin
- “So often we don’t realize gradually we’re not really happy or completely content.” – DeVon Franklin
- “We all have the same problem, but the symptom is expectations.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Expectations are the secret software that run our lives.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Chasing achievement creates a persona of perfection.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Perfection became a prison.” – DeVon Franklin
- “We create unset expectations about what should happen in life, and as a result when they are unset we actually will never be happy.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Give yourself credit for who you are and where you are.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Living free means that you are not under the mental, emotional or physical control of anyone or anything.” – DeVon Franklin
- “In order to live free we have to self-prioritize.” – DeVon Franklin
- “We are actually aware of everytime we live outside of truth and freedom.” – DeVon Franklin
- “There’s a price to pay when we don’t live free.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Do it for yourself, not for the culture.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Even if someone is sowing what they have reaped, still leave room for restoration.” – DeVon Franklin
- “I don’t regret what I said, I regret the tone in which I said it because tone matters.” – Patrice Washington
- “People of faith put too much on God.” – DeVon Franklin
- “There’s no victory without vulnerability.” – DeVon Franklin
- “When we set our expectations and we participate in the process, we serve a God who not only meets those expectations but exceeds them. We don’t serve a God that wants to subsidize or supplement our faith when we don’t actually exercise it.” – DeVon Franklin
- “Participating gives us the capacity to handle whatever God has already ordained to be released.” – DeVon Franklin
- “When we have an expectancy with no participation, we will always be disappointed.” – DeVon Franklin
- “God knows what we’re waiting on when he sees what we’re working on.” – Patrice Washington
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into DeVon’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Peace. If I am peaceful in whatever I’m doing, I am successful.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Living Free Continuously.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Game Of Life & How To Play It by Florence Scovel Shinn
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Devon Franklin and the truth about wealth is that it’s available to everyone. It’s not about where you come from, it’s not about what your family has or doesn’t have. Wealth is available to all of us. The sooner we get into that revelation, the sooner we will receive the wealth available.”
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth