Bob Lotich: The Joy in Generosity
Are you stingy when it comes to your money, or do you give it away generously? For most people, when it comes to tithing, they’re more on the stingy side of things.
At least that’s where today’s guest, Bob Lotich was back in the day. Fortunately, though, with the help of his wife, Bob moved from stingy to generous giver, and by age 31, was giving 31% of his income away.
I know what you’re thinking – 31%?! Yes, 31%.
Today, Bob’s a Certified Educator in Personal Finance and writes a personal finance blog on the intersection of money and the Bible – a topic I know many of you will love.
As we sit down to discuss Bob’s personal money story and journey, we also dive into this topic of money and the Bible and also cover some of our favorite budgeting tools. Join us and let’s see where you rank in terms of giving generously.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
From Stingy to Generous Giver Takeaways
- Many of us don’t give to the extent that we could because we don’t realize that we’re already rich. – Patrice Washington
- Whenever I see God drop a question in front of me, I know that there’s something good on the other side of it. – Bob Lotich
- We cannot “outgive” God. – Bob Lotich
- For me, money is more than a math problem – there’s a biblical component to it, as well. – Bob Lotich
- I don’t just want to have a business to be transacting stuff, I want to make an impact on people’s lives. – Bob Lotich
- The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. – Mark [2:27]
- Embrace boundaries and give yourself those guardrails to not allow every little distraction to consume you all day long. – Patrice Washington
- Think about budgeting as a way of designing the life that you want. – Bob Lotich
Are you a generous giver? Do you want to be? What can you do today to stretch yourself into giving more? How can you budget tithing into your finances? Let us know in the comments below.
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Bob’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Consistently obeying the Lord quickly.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Freedom to give.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Bob Lotich and the truth about wealth is that we are blessed to be a blessing.”
To advertise on the podcast: https://patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: https://patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth