Barbara Huson: Rewire for Wealth
Happy New Year! It goes without saying that 2020 was collectively a challenging year for many of us. This year, I want to make sure you’re set up to leverage the lessons you learned last year so that you can attain all of your goals.To kick off the new year, I wanted to introduce you all to a trailblazer who truly compliments what it means to redefine wealth and who I absolutely admire and appreciate.
Barbara Huson (previously known as Barbara Stanny), is the leading authority on women, wealth and power. As a bestselling author, financial therapist, teacher & wealth coach, Barbara has helped millions take charge of their finances and their lives.
Barbara’s background in business, her years as a journalist, her Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, her extensive research, and her personal experience with money give her a unique perspective and makes her the foremost expert on empowering women to live up to their financial and personal potential. Barbara is the author of 6 books and her 7th book, Rewire for Wealth, will be published this month, January 2021.
Many of us have become comfortable with thoughts, ideas, habits, patterns, mindsets, and limiting beliefs that don’t serve us for the year that we are claiming we want. We need to rewire ourselves and Barbara’s new book establishes the framework to build generational wealth and will guide all of us toward achieving success in every pillar of our lives.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Prince Charming Isn’t Coming – [13:18]
- What Holds You Back From Earning More? – [17:07]
- It Takes Money To Make Money – [23:58]
- The 3 Steps To Train Your Mind To Rewire Your Brain – [27:08]
- Do It For Someone You Love – [32:49]
- Power From A Feminine Perspective – [34:54]
- Taking Your Power Back – [41:33]
- The 4 Components Of Financial Success – [44:20]
- What Is Enough For You? – [48:37]
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Rewire for Wealth – Takeaways
- “Success in everything always lies just outside of our comfort zone.” – Barbara Huson
- “In our deepest pain lies our highest purpose.” – Barbara Huson
- “When you make a commitment, the universe revolves to help you reach your goals.” – Barbara Huson
- “The number one requirement for going to the next level in your life is always the willingness to be uncomfortable.” – Barbara Huson
- “I feel the fear and I just keep pushing forward.” – Patrice Washington
- “The stretch is going from what feels comfortable to what seems impossible.” – Barbara Huson
- “What flows through the mind wires the brain.” – Barbara Huson
- “I was afraid that a man wouldn’t love me if I was financially successful.” – Barbara Huson
- “There’s one person out there who needs to read that, so I’m writing for that one person.” – Barbara Huson
- “I will always show up for an audience of one, because an audience of one is still an audience.” – Patrice Washington
- “You can’t pursue your purpose and play full out if you’re drowning in debt and struggling to make ends meet.” – Barbara Huson
- “Women’s difficulties with money – making and managing it – has very little to do with money, and everything to do with our fear of and ambivalence about power.” – Barbara Huson
- “My definition of a powerful woman is someone who knows who she is, knows what she wants, and expresses it in the world unapologetically.” – Barbara Huson
- “Being powerful means becoming all of who we’re meant to be and saying no to what doesn’t work for us, instead of watering ourselves down so we don’t make waves.” – Barbara Huson
- “The heart work and hard work is having to recognize and give yourself permission to dig up the roots of what hasn’t served you for years.” – Patrice Washington
- “The way you take your power back is by answering the question: What do I want?” – Barbara Huson
- “In the world of work, I’d rather be respected than liked.” – Barbara Huson
- “Power is truth. When you really understand what’s true for you, you are in your power.” – Barbara Huson
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Barbara’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Success for me is when doors open easily.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“More Than Enough (and you know it).”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Richest Man In Babylon by George Samuel Clason
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Barbara Huson and to me the truth about wealth is it’s so fun to have.”
“ReWire For Wealth” Book
Join Purpose To Platform: https://patricewashington.com/purpose2platform/
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth