Chrystal Evans Hurst: Conversations With God
Here in the Redefining Wealth community, we have what I like to call the six pillars of wealth. Each pillar is designed to help us achieve our definition of wealth, which is overall well-being, as we continue to chase purpose. Right now, you have caught us in the middle of our Faith Pillar series entitled “Faith Works”.
In this 3-part series, I’m tapping into connecting with guests and resources that can help us strengthen our faith. One of the greatest resources is prayer and on last week’s episode of the podcast, I shared my prayer for you in alignment with our six pillars of wealth. This week, I bring you a guest who knows a thing or two about having “Conversations With God”.
Chrystal Evans Hurst is a speaker, worship leader, and author of her bestselling book:The 28-Day Prayer Journey: A Daily Guide To Conversations With God.
In this episode, Chrystal and I dive into the power of having a relationship with God, the need for gratitude, and the importance of repentance. She also shares what she believes is the most unused tool for evangelism – Prayer.
She says, “You don’t have to find time, you make time to have conversations with God.”
This episode is brought to you by Command the Stage, an Intimate Training Created for the Next Generation of Transformational Speakers Who Desire to Confidently Communicate the Message they’ve Been Called to Share with the Masses.
How Would You Like to Captivate Your Audience, Attract Your Tribe, Build Authority and Use Speaking from the Stage to Grow Your Platform Exponentially by Becoming More Magnetic, More Memorable and More Powerful? Get more details at patricewashington.com/stage.
Conversations With God Takeaways
- “Prayer is not a box to check, it’s a way to live.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “There are so many things to be grateful for that don’t get the spotlight.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “Repentance is not so much about finding fault, but about finding freedom.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “God is a relationship that we have that we get to nurture and maintain.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “The Holy is in the small things.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “Spending time getting to know God is the work of prayer, but the actual getting to know him is the gift of prayer.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “God is a person and when we pray, we are in conversation with a relational person.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “We are all so connected.” – Patrice Washington
- “One of the most unused tools for evangelism is, ‘Can I pray for you?’” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “We get so caught up in our wants, we don’t recognize how many of our needs we don’t have to ask for.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “Praying for the things we need gives us a greater opportunity to see God at work.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “Remember what you prayed about.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Chrystal’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Being at peace. Doing what you’re called to do. Living to the rhythm of your own drumbeat.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Enough, Generosity, Peace”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Chrystal and to me the truth about wealth is if it’s just about money, you’ll always be chasing it; but if it’s more about your purpose, you can find it and enjoy it for the duration of your life.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth