Be Their Walking Contradiction
I am a walking contradiction in so many ways.
Most women in my family have been diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure, so I was trained to believe that I would be overweight by age thirty. But I am a walking contradiction in the fact that I have been able to maintain a healthy weight.
After building, managing and dissolving what became a 7-figure business at its height, I filed bankruptcy at 32 years old. Yet somehow I’m still a best-selling author, media personality and podcast host on personal finance.
Many of us become paralyzed by our pasts when it’s finally time to move toward the vision we have for our lives. Instead of using our story as a platform for success, we let the shame, guilt, and embarrassment about what has happened in our lives keep us from moving forward.
By accepting the facts of your life while rejecting the fiction of what your brain and your enemies say about you, you will be able to become a walking contradiction.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, I talk about what it means to defy the odds and be a walking contradiction.
Have you been held back by the facts? Have other people started some fiction about you and what you are capable of?
Download this episode today to learn how you can rise above the things holding you back.“The reason we don’t listen to the lies of our enemies is that was know “what is” rather than “what ifs.”- Patrice Washington Click To Tweet
The Cliff Notes:
- Many of us become paralyzed when it’s time to move forward. Instead of using our story to create a platform of success, we let shame, guilt, and embarrassment about what has happened in our lives keep us from moving forward.
- Nothing in life has happened to you, it’s happened for you.
- It’s time for you to stand proud and tall and know you are their walking contradiction.
- Fact, Fiction, Contradiction.
- Accept the facts. The reality is, your story is your story. What you’ve been through is what you’ve been through. There are no time machines and you can’t take it back.
- We have to reject the fiction. Fiction is a “belief or statement that is false but is often held to be true because it is expedient to do so.” The reason we don’t listen to the lies of our enemies is that was know “what is” rather than “what ifs.”
- If you know the what is, you don’t have to be distracted by the what ifs of your enemies.
- I filed bankruptcy but I still am known as a personal finance expert. If you can accept me and all my flaws and still trust that I have your best interest at heart, someone will be able to trust and accept YOU.
- When you look at the facts of who you are, and when you look at the fiction, then you get to be the walking contradiction. You get to be inconsistent with what they thought about you and inconsistent with the thoughts you’ve concocted about yourself.
- Listen to the song “I like that” by Janelle Monáe.
Janelle Monáe – I Like That
Podcast: Bless Thy Enemy
Video: How to Reinvent Yourself in the Marketplace